Can't add our sons to our family plan. Help!

deblkf
deblkf
Community Member

I receive my license information via email. I click to apply to the license to my laptop. It works. I try to add a device, but I have no accounts listed in the accounts pane in preferences. My key for 1password 3 doesn't work. Without the key, I can't log in anywhere, can't add sons. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 0S X 10.12.2
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:I can't find my key, therefore can't add our son to our family plan. Help! Support = infinite loop!

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @deblkf,

I am sorry for the confusion!

I checked your email address against our database. What you have is a family license, not 1Password Families account. They are quite different. You can read more about these differences here.

If you are interested in using 1Password Families, you can sign up for your account on our website and then invite your sons to join the account. The Families accounts includes up to 5 family members.

If you are not interested in using 1Password account with its benefits, you should choose Dropbox when you launch 1Password on your Mac, because the sign into an account option (with Account Key and Sign-in address) is strictly for users that have signed up for the new subscription plan.

I hope it helps. If I confused you even more, please let me know. :) Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• frosty52
    frosty52
    Community Member

I have a 1Password Families account. How do I "invite" my other family members so they can access accounts (vaults?) that the PSW generator has given new complex passwords ?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @frosty52:

You can easily invite other family members via Admin console in your 1Password account. Here is how you can then share passwords with them:

Share passwords and other items with your whole family

Please let me know if it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• deblkf
    deblkf
    Community Member

Belatedly, thank you, Greg! Helpful response.

• Hi @deblkf, On behalf of @Greg, you're very welcome :-) I'm glad to hear that helped. Let us know if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.