1Password extension for Microsoft Edge [Available now in the Windows Store]

phammann
phammann
Community Member
edited October 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

the last update I saw for Microsoft Edge support was in December of last year. Is there an update for when I'll be able to use 1Password with Microsoft Edge?

Thanks,

Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password extension for Microsoft Edge

Comments

• Hi @phammann,

Thanks for writing in.

We're working with Microsoft's teams to get the APIs we need to enable 1Password integration for Edge. They've added the ones we need in the latest Insider builds and now we're working on implementing a new system for that Edge support. We will release details as soon as we have them but at the very least, you'll need the Windows 10's Creator Update to have the right Edge version with the APIs we need.

• DrJim
    DrJim
    Community Member

Hi Agile people,
    Love the product, been using it for years but it is darn near useless without an extension for Edge.
    Hope you can get this to us soon.
    While we wait what can we do to get ready AND how will we know when the extension is ready to install?

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @DrJim,

Nothing you can do for now, this will require the Windows 10 Creator Update at the very least since Edge with the APIs we need will be in that update only and Creator Update won't be available for a few more months from our current understanding. Even then, we may not be ready on the first day since this is all rough implementations and we won't ship until everything's stable.

All Edge extensions will be in the Windows Store, including us, that's a requirement for Edge extensions. We're not sure how we'll let everyone know yet since there are some limitations.

We will share more details as soon as we have it, but right now, this is all still in the planning/RD stage.

• TheVMaster
    TheVMaster
    Community Member

Thanks for the update @MikeT, but since the APIs are available in the latest Insider builds, when can the Insiders start 'beta-testing' (or Alpha-testing) the Edge Extension? :-)

• Hi @TheVMaster,

:smile: Too early to know anything, we're not talking about a simple switch of an API, we're talking about a brand new API that has never been used in what 1Password wants to use it for. There's a chance even the current implementation by MS may not work and require further iterations. So, for now, all of this is going to be internally tested by us and Microsoft, we're working with them as we speak and as soon as both of us are happy, we'll start thinking about public testing.

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member

I'm very interested in the progress on this as well. It's a real pain having to use Chrome in place of Edge, just because of 1Password.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @Imacken,

We'll keep you guys informed, we plan to talk about this in more details in the near future when we're close to opening this up for the public to beta test with us.

• I'll just add a +1 for this to happen. My primary system is on build 15031, which is the latest on the fast ring, so I'd be cool beta testing the Edge Extension when it's looking ready.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's still to early to have anything public, but it's good to know there are folks like you out there interested in beta testing. :)

• colmob
    colmob
    Community Member

+1 also; willing to test, would very much like to see this. Moving back to Windows full-time shortly and 1password would be sorely missed in Edge.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @colmob,

Thank you for weighing in! :+1: Please stay in touch on forums and we will keep you informed. We don't have anything to disclose at this point (yet).

Thanks again!

++
    Greg

• bradster62
    bradster62
    Community Member

1st post here. +1 for Edge support. Edge is not my daily browser but it could be if 1PW had Edge support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

@bradster62: I feel the same way, and I know others do here too. Thanks for letting us know. While we don't have any news yet, we're excited to be working with Microsoft to make this happen. :)

• TheVMaster
    TheVMaster
    Community Member

+1 Willing to test the Edge extension when it's available for testing.

• Thanks for the +1.

There is no need to let us know that you want to see this, we absolutely will support Edge as soon as possible.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

+1ing this post to also get an update when it's ready :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure! :) :+1:

You also can keep up with AgileBits and 1Password news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, our blog, and our email newsletter. Nothing spammy, always just useful 1Password tips and announcements. Cheers! :chuffed:

• DougWilson
    DougWilson
    Community Member

It's March 14! Any news yet? ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

hahaha no, not yet! We're working on it though. I was wracking my brain trying to divine the significance of March 14th...and the best I can come up with is "Pi Day". Cheers! :lol:

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member

It's as good a reason as any to ask :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

True enough! I just wish that it was equally sufficient to have a beta for you, but that will have to wait a bit longer. ;)

• Dig_Doug
    Dig_Doug
    Community Member

+1 Very interested in moving to MS Edge once 1Password extensions are ready

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Dig_Doug: Working on it! :+1:

• SorenP
    SorenP
    Community Member

And now it is April 6th..... :)

Creators edition is available. I just upgraded my machine and I am ready for the Edge plug-in for 1Password....

• Patience, @SorenP, patience. We're working on it and are as excited about this as you are :)

• edgrsanchez
    edgrsanchez
    Community Member

I'm also running Windows 10 Creators Update, looking forward to being able to beta test the 1Password Extension for Edge

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, though I'm holding off on the update until it's officially available. I've had enough to do this week. :lol:

• DotPdf
    DotPdf
    Community Member

Thank you for your hard work getting this extension available on Edge. Can't wait!

• Hi @DotPDF,

Don't thank us yet, wait until we have more information. We're trying our best to make it work but there are more unexpected (both us and Microsoft) limitations we're running into and we're still working with Microsoft on this.

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member

How will we be informed when an Edge compatible beta is available?

This discussion has been closed.