To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Any plans to support Box.com for syncing?

Options
CUTodd
CUTodd
Community Member

My corporate overlords have a security problem with Dropbox, making syncing through that channel problematic. It would be great if syncing through Box would also be supported. I know that asking for one sync service prompts the question of which one should be excluded, but the answer is definitely no if I don't ask.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Box

Comments

• Hi @CUTodd - Thank you for contacting us and for sharing your request for adding Box.com as a sync source. We definitely appreciate the feedback and understand this is an important feature to you. I will definitely make sure to share the request with the team and again, thank you for taking the time to write in to us :-) Have you considered giving 1Password Teams a try? We take care of all the syncing for you - just a thought if you weren't aware. Have a fantastic day and Happy New Year!

• cyberzombie
    cyberzombie
    Community Member
    Options

Throwing my hat into the ring here as the company I work for (IBM - 420k+ people) also has security issues with Dropbox precluding its use. Having sync with Box would be great :)

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @cyberzombie - Thank you for letting us know this is something you would like to see in the future. Our main focus is making sure our new 1Password memberships is a solid user experience. As of right now, we don't have any plans to add Box as a sync method. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing. Have you considered giving 1Password Teams a test drive?

• cyberzombie
    cyberzombie
    Community Member
    Options

There would be issues with my storing any any work-related passwords (server names, etc) in your cloud until IBM gave its blessing (not that it's unsecure - just that they're very paranoid about that stuff...)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cyberzombie: Send 'em our way. We have a great security white paper for their perusal, and we're always happy to answer any questions the "overlords" might have. :)

This discussion has been closed.