To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I need some assistance please.....regarding my account

Options
rochesterkitty
rochesterkitty
Community Member

i do not pay for my account.....but in the last couple of weeks i had people sign up for the account and now they are locked out and cannot get to their passwords unless they pay.....they don't want to pay. How do they get their passwords back.....

and trying to get help on here has been really really difficult

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rochesterkitty,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

When an account is not in good standing (i.e. not paid for) it enters a "frozen" state. Passwords are still able to be read, but no changes can be made and no new entries can be added.

1Password is not a free product. It is a pay-for service. We hope you find enough value in 1Password to consider subscribing.

If your 1Password account is frozen

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben can a person still export the info if the account is frozen?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2017
    Options

@prime I don't believe there is any restriction on exporting when frozen. Certainly it is possible to copy out to a non-frozen vault.

Ben

• rochesterkitty
    rochesterkitty
    Community Member
    Options

I do not pay for my 1password I downloaded from app store and have no monthly payment.....

AGain, they cannot get into their account AT ALL, you stated above that they can get into it.....a message stating 3.99 must be paid. how do they get their passwords at this point in time?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2017
    Options

@rochesterkitty,

AGain, they cannot get into their account AT ALL, you stated above that they can get into it.....a message stating 3.99 must be paid. how do they get their passwords at this point in time?

I'm going to need some more details here, please...

• What is preventing them from accessing their information? Can you post a screenshot, assuming no personal information is displayed on the screen?
    • Is the message that they are getting indicating that their account has been frozen? If so then they can still access a read-only copy of their data the same way they've been accessing their data.
    • What platform are they using (Mac, iOS, Windows, Android)?
    • Have they tried logging in into the web interface?
    • Did they create their own 1Password accounts, or did you invite them into yours (1Password Families / 1Password Teams)? If the former, they'll need their own subscription. If the latter then when you pay for your account it will unfreeze them.

I do not pay for my 1password I downloaded from app store and have no monthly payment.....

The download from the App Store is a 30 day trial, not a free product. After 30 days it requires payment to continue. I wasn't able to find your account based on the email address you have registered here on the forums, so if you'd like to discuss the specifics of your account please drop us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from the email address your account is registered under. Once you've done so please post the Support ID you'll receive here.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.