click online account items do not auto laugh the sign in page?

Options
Junrong
Junrong
Community Member

I have subscribed to 1P family account. What's the difference between 'Personal vault' which no one can change the name and the one added in? When other family member joined in, they also have 'Personal vault', but the organizer can not see this vault or edit it, am I right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10. 11. 6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:click online account item does not launch to web page

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @Junrong! Thanks for subscribing. :) Personal vaults in your family account are only available to that member. If they want to share new 1Password items with you automatically, they can change their vault for saving to the Shared one.

To answer the question in your post's title, clicking a website on 1Password.com opens it but if you want to open and fill it, install 1Password on your computer or device and get the 1Password extension if you're using a computer, then when you double-click a Login item in the 1Password app, or click the website field, it'll open and fill the username and password. :sunglasses: Hope that helps!

• Junrong
    Junrong
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob, Thank you for your advice. Just 2 questions please clarify for me:
    1. Am I right that each family member will automatically have a Personal vault when they accept the invitation to join in? And the family administrator(s) have no visibility to the Personal vault at all?
    2. For Open and Fill function, it was a surprise to hear that 1Password.com just for managing multiple passwords, not designed for actual click and auto sign-in. Am I right that the workflow should be using 1Password.com to set-up new login/password, amend any details and change passwords? I have a standalone 1Password 6 for Mac for about 2 years, would it automatically become the 1Password App and do I need to do anything to it?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Junrong - It's great to hear back from you and I'll do my best to address your questions below:

Am I right that each family member will automatically have a Personal vault when they accept the invitation to join in? And the family administrator(s) have no visibility to the Personal vault at all?

Yes, this is correct. Each family member by default receives a Personal & Shared vault. Personal vaults can only be accessed by that member, not by you or anyone else. All members also get access to a Shared vault, and you can create additional vaults to share with specific members and manage things a bit more.

For Open and Fill function, it was a surprise to hear that 1Password.com just for managing multiple passwords, not designed for actual click and auto sign-in. Am I right that the workflow should be using 1Password.com to set-up new login/password, amend any details and change passwords? I have a standalone 1Password 6 for Mac for about 2 years, would it automatically become the 1Password App and do I need to do anything to it?

You're correct that the web app doesn't provide this functionality. But 1Password on your Mac still does. To be honest, I probably use 1Password on my Mac 95% of the time. The only time, I really ever log into the web app is if I need to create a new vault, invite someone over to my Families account, or maybe I need to access my data from a public computer.

Once you have added the Families account to your existing 1Password app, you can continue to rock out open and fill :-) When you make a change to an item within your Personal vault, the changes will sync over to your other devices (as long as your signed into the account) in addition to the web. So you don't necessarily have to restrict yourself to making changes via the web app. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll be happy to help out :-)

• Junrong
    Junrong
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks Frank. So by design the web page has no auto sign-in functionality, what happen if I use web page to set up a new sign-in password and sync to my apps (Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android Phone)? By clicking it on the App item list, will its web page be automatically opened and filled in the sign-in details?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Junrong - You're very welcome! If you add a new item via the web app, as long as your signed into the account on your devices the changes will sync over. You're correct, when the new item syncs over to 1Password on your Mac, you can then use the open and fill function :-) Keep us posted if you have any additional questions, we're happy to help out.

• Junrong
    Junrong
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Frank. I noticed the web app does not provide item count apart from 'All Items', why is that? the functionality exist in standalone app, why remove it from web app? Also the new password generator, the same issue, why make it less option? Together with the web app can not 'open and fill' by design, it was really disappointed. I have been using 1Password for few years now and love it, I hope this new web app gets huge improvement very soon.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Junrong - Great points and I appreciate the feedback. Yes, you can see an items count under "All Items" but there is no item count for the other categories like it is on the Mac. We're working on it. Yes, we definitely have some work to do in the web app. It's in our roadmap to improve the user experience and add more features. I don't have a timeline to share when this will be updated but we completely understand. Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us :+1:

• Junrong
    Junrong
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks Frank. Looking forward to see the improvements in the near future :)

• Frank
    Options

Anytime, we're always open to feedback and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us :-)

This discussion has been closed.