To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to use storage?

Options
arrudadesign
arrudadesign
Community Member

How to use storage?
I can save files?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @arrudadesign - Yes, you add sensitive documents to 1Password. For instance, I uploaded last years tax return. You can add documents to 1Password from either the desktop apps or via the web
    https://support.1password.com/getting-started-mac/#create-and-manage-your-items

Just click "+" to add an item then select Document from the list of categories. Keep in mind, you don't want to treat this as a replacement for Dropbox. I would only recommend uploading sensitive documents to 1Password that you want to keep safe & secure. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions.

• arrudadesign
    arrudadesign
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank Tks! :)

• Frank
    Options

Anytime @arrudadesign, keep us posted if you run into any additional questions with the new account. We'll be happy to help out :-)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank is it 1GB (or 2 depending on the deal you signed up for) per user or per account with families?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Prime, Good question! It's normally 1GB per family member but if you signed up for the Families early launch special or the recent Family Day special we doubled it to 2GB per family member. :+1:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank that's awesome!

• Frank
    Options

Indeed it is... :blush: Thank you for asking, as I should have mentioned that before :+1:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank I thought that was the storage that the passwords actually went into.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Prime - The 1GB of storage pertains to documents. You can check it out via the sign up page at the bottom. The storage is for sensitive documents you want 1Password to protect but it doesn't replace Dropbox for storing pictures or other larger documents. I personally only add the important docs to 1Password like a tax return or closing documents from my house, anything containing PII :-) I hope that helps.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it did! Thanks @Frank

• Frank
    Options

Anytime, happy to help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.