Tangerine - French login page

Options

Using the Tangerine Login Page in French, 1Password fill up the wrong field.
https://secure.tangerine.ca/web/InitialTangerine.html?command=displayLogin&device=web&locale=fr_CA
It put the username in the Search Field at the top right of the page.
In French that field is called : "Recherche"

Using the English Form is working fine:
https://secure.tangerine.ca/web/InitialTangerine.html?command=displayLogin&device=web&locale=en_CA

Any help will be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: 4.63.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Chrome 56
Referrer: forum-search:tangerine

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @serpentz,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us about this issue - I have been able to reproduce this and have filed a bug in our tracker so we will not forget about it. I'm sorry I don't have a workaround to get filling to work on the French version of the web page at the moment. At the moment we aren't as consistent at filling as we would like on pages localized in other languages.

Thank you very much for reporting this, it's reports like this that help us know where to focus our attention.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: BRAIN-356

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey again @serpentz,

I just double checked and I was able to create a Login item that works on the French version of the website if I create that Login item while using the French version of the site. In my test I went to the French version of the page and used the Save mew Login feature. Creating the login item on the English version isn't transferrable to the French version of the page it would appear.

So if you find yourself having to switch between the two locales a lot, it might be worth creating a second Login item for the French version. While this isn't ideal, at least with the two items 1Password will be able to fill in the username for you on both versions of the page.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• serpentz
    serpentz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @matthew_ag !

Yes it happen to me often to switch between language....
    If I need to create two logins, it is a viable work around for now.

But:

What if I am unable to use the Save New Login option, because I can't see it anywhere.

From the Browser Plugin, this is what I see when I click on the Gear Icon.

This is what I see in 1password mini

And this is what I see in 1Password 6

So I would love to be able to create login using this method.
    https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

I have seen this URL when I looked on your forum, but I am unable to use it.

Am I missing something ?

Thank for your help and quick reply.

Regards,

Steve

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @serpentz,

Apologies - I think I jumped the gun. We are currently testing the Save New Login feature internally so hopefully it will be released soon. Sorry about that.

There is normally a workaround that you could have applied where you get 1Password for Windows to Autosave you a new Login item but this won't work for this web page because it doesn't have a password field on the same page as the user ID. Unfortunately 1Password will only Autosave if the password exists on the same page. :(

The only reconciliation I can offer is that I have tested the Save new Login feature in our internally unreleased version of 1Password for Windows and the saved Login item does work on the French version of this page. :chuffed: I can't guarantee that the feature will be in the next update but I have my fingers crossed for you.

Hopefully this will work better for you in a coming update. Keep your eyes on the release notes of each update as it will certainly be high on the feature list.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.