To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

why doesn't my online account sync with my app data

Options
Steve_Thorne
Steve_Thorne
Community Member

why doesn't my online account sync with my app data

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why doesn't my online account sync with my app data

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Steve_Thorne - Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you set up a couple of devices with your account already and also migrated your existing 1Password data over to the new account. Are you adding items to your Personal vault? Your Personal vault is connected to your new 1Password.com account, so make sure going forward any new items or changes are being done from your Personal vault. If this is the case, can you provide me with any additional details as to the device you're referring to? Keep us posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

• Steve_Thorne
    Steve_Thorne
    Community Member
    Options

When I update an existing log in or password at my desktop or mobile device they automatically sync up, but the online account is static.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Steve_Thorne - Can you confirm, you're adding the item to your Personal vault and not your Primary vault? Only the Personal vault will auto-sync items to the web app.

• Steve_Thorne
    Steve_Thorne
    Community Member
    Options

Frank, I really don't understand what you are asking. When I use the browser on my desktop, for example, I click on the icon and select the login. If the site requires the password be reset, then I do that and the new password automatically appears on all my devices but the logins on the online account remain unchanged.

• Steve_Thorne
    Steve_Thorne
    Community Member
    Options

Frank, when I login to my account I see something called Personal. That is where all the information previously created was deposited. That is what doesn't change when the other items update automatically.
    One other unrelated observation, all the items are in there twice. Why?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Steve_Thorne - Thank you for the additional details. It sounds like you have two vaults - Personal and Primary. Your Primary vault is the one you were using prior to signing up for an Individual account. The Personal vault is the one connected to the web app and your new account. You want to use your Personal vault going forward. I believe you have been adding new items to your Primary vault which is why the new items don't show up via the web. Let's test it out -

Log into your Individual account - https://my.1Password.com > Click on your Personal vault > Then click on the "+" to add a new item then choose Login from the list > Give it a title "testing123" then save it.

Open 1Password on your device and go to your Personal vault, you should find the "testing123" item under the login category.

Since you still have your Primary vault within 1Password, all your items will be duplicated since you copied over the same items to your Personal vault. To avoid any confusion, you can delete and remove your Primary vault from the apps. But first let's confirm the test worked :-) Keep me posted!

• Steve_Thorne
    Steve_Thorne
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it worked. The problem is that the items in this personal vault are not current. The ones in the primary are what have been updated as I am working with the program.
    Before I received your comment above, I discovered on my iPad a way to add my account. When it synced I now have 3 copies of the logins, etc, on my iPad. Is there a way to get rid of the duplicates and retain only the correct ones?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Steve_Thorne - Fantastic! Yes, it sounds like any new items you recently created have been saved to your Primary vault. So let's correct this by moving over any recent items to your Personal vault -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" then click on your Primary vault from the list > Under the search bar click "sort by date" then you will see the new items at the top of the list > Select the items you want to move over > Click "Item" in the menu bar > Share > Personal vault > Move.

You can also use this guide as a reference - https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

After you have migrated all your data to your Personal vault, you can then delete your Primary vault which will remove the duplicates -

On your Mac - Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your master password before you can delete the vault.

On iOS - Tap settings on the bottom tab > Tap "vaults" > Tap on your Primary vault then "delete vault"

Just make sure all your data has been moved over before you delete your Primary vault. Let me know if this helped or if you have any additional questions.

• Steve_Thorne
    Steve_Thorne
    Community Member
    Options

Frank, thank you very much for your help and patience. At this point I think the program that I purchased is easier to use than the web based account though I will work with it a bit longer before pulling the plug.
    Will the company continue to support the software or is the direction shifting to the web app? My version of the software is 4.6.1.618. Is that the latest version ?
    I'll set you free after these questions. Thanks again.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Steve_Thorne - You're very welcome. We appreciate the feedback so far of your experience. if you run into any questions please feel free to reach out to us. We're happy to help out. Our support site is also a great place to search for getting started guides and tutorials - https://support.1password.com. But it doesn't replace us :-)

We're no longer marketing the standalone license offering. While it is still possible to purchase it, we are no longer recommending it for new customers. It requires more technical skill and attention to configure and maintain and as such we strongly feel the subscription offering is the better choice for most people. Especially for 1Password on Windows. We have made a ton of improvements to 1Password 6 compared to 1Password 4 for Windows. I would recommend sticking with the 1Password membership since the experience is better using 1Password 6. But you're completely free to revert back to your standalone license if you feel it doesn't work out for you. We're just happy you're using 1Password :+1:

• Steve_Thorne
    Steve_Thorne
    Community Member
    Options

You are right that or doesn't replace you! Trying to parse the meaning of the FAQ's is not easy! Thanks for your help.

• Frank
    Options

Anytime, we're here and ready to help when you need us :+1:

This discussion has been closed.