Missing passwords

Paul Applegate
Paul Applegate
Community Member

I tried to log into my server this afternoon and as I pressed Command-\ , I was not shown my login info. I searched and my password/login was gone. I compared my 1Password on the Mac to my iPhone's 1Password and they were off quite a bit on the password count, as shown by the attached screen shot. Please forgive the crude side by side pic. On the left is my Mac and on the right is the iPhone. As you can see I am missing quite a bit of passwords and I am concerned they are gone. I have to admit I feared this since being on the "Family" plan, I can no longer make manual backups.
How should I proceed? Delete the desktop data and have it re-import?
Thanks,
Paul
1Password 6
Version 6.6.3.BETA-2 (663002)
AgileBits Beta

1Password Version: 6.6.3.BETA-2(663002)
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• Hi @Paul Applegate - Thank you for the details and for providing a screenshot. I noticed the first image showing your Mac, you have your Primary vault selected. The screenshot from your iPhone on the right, is that your Personal vault? If you could confirm. The difference in the item count could pertain to Documents. If you had attachments with your Primary vault prior to migrating over to Families, the attachments now have their own centralized location under the Documents category. Did you have any items linked together, such as an attachment within a Secure Note? This would also explain the difference in item counts between the two. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a better understanding so I can assist you more effectively.

• Paul Applegate
    Paul Applegate
    Community Member

Hi @Frank ,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I did have the incorrect vault selected. I swear as a younger person I had better troubleshooting skills. Sadly I've noticed they have disappeared when I reached 47. Oops, well I feel stupid. Thanks for the quick reply and obvious solution to my problem, make sure you are looking at the same vault on both devices :)

• Hi @Paul Applegate Oh no worries at all :-) I'm just glad it was an easy fix :+1: It's pretty easy to select the incorrect vault especially when you open 1Password and by default, the Primary vault is selected. Again, I was happy to help and please feel free to reach out to us anytime :-)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

I am so glad I wasn't the only one to do this too :)

• It happens... I've done it myself. No worries :+1:

This discussion has been closed.