Bug : 1Password is not deleting my passwords in the clipboard

stefanodottori
stefanodottori
Community Member

Hi guys , I'm currently having a weird problem

1Password isn't clearing my passwords in the clipboard.

I have turn on the feature to automatically clear my clipboard with 90 seconds, but isn't working

Can you guys help me ?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.5.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @stefanodottori. Can you let me know what device you're using? The reason I ask is because by default, Samsung devices come with their own Samsung keyboard installed, which can't be disabled. The default Samsung keyboard has a built-in clipboard manager that keeps track of clipboard history, so it captures everything that gets copied to the clipboard. Unfortunately, the Samsung keyboard's built-in clipboard manager will override any 1Password settings. 1Password clears the system clipboard (that we have access to), but the Samsung keyboard keeps track of clipboard history, so it captures everything that gets copied to the clipboard.

If you're using a Samsung devic,e this is what you're seeing. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that on our end as we don't have access to the Samsung keyboard.

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member

Hi @peri

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

So I have to manually delete all my passwords from the Samsung Keyboard?

Thanks

• Indeed, @stefanodottori, that clipboard is inaccessible by 1Password so it can't clear it for you. You'd need to clear it at a system level.

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member

No problem then.

i just need to create the habit to delete my passwords from there

Thanks for your help @peri

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for understanding. It's certainly not ideal, but it's at least within your control to some extent. Cheers! :)

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member

No problem guys,

I have a idea, can you guys ( or maybe me ?) get in touch with Samsung about this and maybe ask them to remove the built-in clipboard in their keyboard ?

• I will do that, @stefanodottori. Thanks for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.