After I upgraded 1Password 6.5.3 on iphone the application hangs when I type in my Master Password.

deanfs
deanfs
Community Member

I can no longer get into 1Password on my iphone. It hangs in the exact same spot when entering my Master Password. Always on the 14th character, and in my password it ends up always being an "r". I can not go any farther and I have to close the application. I've power cycled the phone.

I have a mac at home which my phone is synced to. I have not tried it there yet. I need access to my passwords on my phone right now!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.1.1
Sync Type: wi-fi

Comments

• Hi @deanfs,

We have seen a few reports of this and are currently investigating. It appears this may be linked to using an outdated version of iOS. Could you please try updating to iOS 10.2.1?

Thanks!

Ben

• deanfs
    deanfs
    Community Member

I will give that a try tonight. Thanks

• You're welcome. Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• Jai_toti
    Jai_toti
    Community Member

We are a group of 15 1Password users with exactly the same problem. We only experienced problems with IOS 10.2.1 so we downgraded to 10.2. Is there a way to downgrade to the anterior version of 1Password instead?

• Hi @Jai_toti,

This is the first instance I've heard of the problem affecting iOS 10.2.1. Could you please confirm which version of 1Password you're running? Also could you please try re-upgrading one of the devices to 10.2.1 and see if the problem still exists?

Thanks.

Ben

• Jai_toti
    Jai_toti
    Community Member

We are running v. 6.5.3 on IOS 10.2.0. Before yesterday's upgrade it worked fine both on 10.2.0 and 10.1.1
    The reason why we downgraded from 10.2.1 to 10.2.0 was not because of 1Password app, but due to bugs in IOS 10.2.1 that gave too many problems.

• I see. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to download an older version of 1Password for iOS. I do suspect though that when you upgrade iOS this difficulty will go away.

Thanks.

Ben

• deanfs
    deanfs
    Community Member

Ben, I posted the original comment on this. I upgraded my OS last night to 10.2.1 and the issue with v 6.5.3 was resolved. I did not really want to upgrade my OS yet, because of other issues I've heard, but was forced to do it to access 1Password. I think a little better regression testing on previous levels of OS before your release would be appropriate. Thank you for your prompt response and assistance.

• @deanfs,

Thanks for letting us know. We didn't make any changes regarding password input in 6.5.3, so any issue that was caused would seemingly have been outside of our control.

Ben

• pentool
    pentool
    Community Member

To Agile Team: Hope this won't break on iOS 9.3.5 since neither of my devices (iPad 3 and iTouch 5G) can be upgraded beyond iOS 9.3.5. (...and until I win the lottery, I'm not planning on purchasing another Apple device...)

• @pentool

I haven't seen any reports of a problem on iOS 9.3.5 at this point. It seems most customers that are running into an issue are on iOS 10.2 or 10.1.1.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.