Cannot log in after ios update

dluczyk
dluczyk
Community Member

I updated the ios version yesterday and now the screen locks when trying to put the password in. Its acting like it will only accept a certain amount of letters in the password and then locks.

Comments

• Hi @dluczyk

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

This appears to be a bug in earlier versions of iOS. Can you please try updating to iOS 10.2.1?

Thanks.

Ben

• Kathryn
    Kathryn
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I get to the second last character and it freezes and I can't even get out of the app. I deleted the app, reinstalled it, re-scanned my info in, got into the account but the first time it goes to log in for an app it's still doing it and freezes. Now I can't get into anything on my phone. I'm just going to remove the app.

It worked fine with the earlier version of IOS -- until I installed the new update this morning. It's the updated app.

Every time I update an app, I regret it. Please advise how we can fix this. The prior versions worked.

Thank you,

Kathy

• Hi Kathy,

This appears to be a problem with older versions of iOS. Please update to iOS 10.2.1.

We didn't change anything with regards to Master Password entry in 1Password 6.5.3.

Thanks.

Ben

• Kathryn
    Kathryn
    Community Member

Update my phone software??? Then nothing will work. May be easier to buy a new phone -- only kidding.

I'll try your suggestion when I have time to update the phone. This should have been a quick app update and I could move on to my day.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a shot tomorrow and hopefully it will resolve it.

• Thierry78
    Thierry78
    Community Member

Hi,
    Got the same issue and I just installed iOS 10.2.1. This fixes the issue. Cheers.

• Hi @Kathryn, I just wanted to follow up here and see if you've had a chance to update to iOS 10.2.1 and I that solved your problem. Thanks!

• Likewise, @dluczyk, were you able to update to iOS 10.2.1 and see this problem go away?

• Kathryn
    Kathryn
    Community Member

Thanks for checking. Yes, I bit the bullet and took the time to update IOS because I needed to get back into apps on my phone and I just re-uploaded the 1password, and it now works. People need update their IOS before installing the newest version of 1password. It may be worthwhile to note to note that for users.

Some people update apps when they're on the road (me), and if they don't have their password spreadsheet with them, they're locked out of their apps until they can get home and update their phone first.

Thanks for touching base!

• Thank you, @Kathryn , so glad to hear you're up and running again!

This discussion has been closed.