Unable to sync additional vaults in Dropbox Pro for iOS

Options
toomanyairmiles
toomanyairmiles
Community Member
edited March 2017 in iOS

I sync my primary vault via iCloud and have three additional vaults on my computer (also Dropbox Pro). When I select 'Sync Additional Vault > 'Sync with Dropbox' > '[Name of Dropbox]' on my phone, it 1password searches briefly and returns 'error listing keychains' or if you click add another Dropbox and then cancel it successfully finds the vaults but displays 'Please wait. Downloading encryption keys and item details' no matter how long it's left.

Removing and reauthorising Dropbox doesn't work

1Password Version: Current
Extension Version: Current
OS Version: Current
Sync Type: iCloud + Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @toomanyairmiles

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. We have a guide for troubleshooting Dropbox sync issues here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Also -- is there a reason you're using both iCloud and Dropbox? While in theory it should work, it isn't something we test against specifically, and seemingly adds needless complexity to your setup.

Thanks.

Ben

• toomanyairmiles
    toomanyairmiles
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

It does have the feeling of a process that isn't tested against, given the oddities I've experienced.

I keep my personal data synced through iCloud because I'm a Mac user and it's very convenient - it works well and I haven't had a reason to change it since I started using 1password. Ultimately it keeps some separation between my personal passwords and client/friend/girlfriend shared vaults - which is appealing - if dropbox is somehow compromised at least everything won't be exposed and vice versa. I use dropbox to sync additional vaults when I need to share them with other people/clients who are not Mac users (I'm prepping to get one of my clients on to 1password and need to test the sharing features).

Anyhow this authentication problem has been an issue for a long time, last time I encountered it I gave up and waited for a new version to release.

Hitting connect another account and cancelling a second time (the first was accidental) spurred it into action and it loaded the vaults.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. :) Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.