Issues with 1Password and the Qantas Frequent Flyer login

I've been having issues with this for a while and reading through the other posts on this issue has not helped unfortunately. When I attempt to use 1Password with the Qantas Frequent Flyer login it only fills in 2 fields and not all 3. I have tried several attempts with the "Save new Login" facility and it does resolve the problem (btw, I think this feature is broken).

I'll attempt to describe the issue here in as much detail as possible. The Qantas FF login page (https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/program/welcome) has three fields the need filling in, viz. memberId, memberSurname & memberPin (used web inspector to determine these). 1Password has values for all three of these under "Web form details". It also has values for username & password which you can't delete. It seems that username is linked to memberSurname & password to memberPin. When one navigates to the site the memberSurname & memberPin fields get populated but the memberId never does and needs to be entered in manually.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Victor

1Password Version: Version 6.7.BETA-1 (670001)
Extension Version: 4.6.3b3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:qantas

Comments

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Any resolution to this yet?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@Jeunj Can you let us know more details? Have you been through the troubleshooting steps in our support page? https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/#if-1password-doesn-t-ask-to-save-a-password-on-a-specific-website

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member

@jxpx777 I have indeed, she no worky.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jeunj,

In the case of the previous person it turned out the extension was in a limbo state so I don't believe the extension was working at all. To help you we will need to review a diagnostic report as well to see what the logs tell us.

This link will guide you through the steps.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jeunj

Sorry about this! I have just tried replicating this issue on the Qantas website, and the filling feature is working fine for me (after using the automatic saving feature). For your reference, here is how my 1Password item looks like right now:

Also for your reference, I am currently running 1Password for Mac version 6.7.BETA-1 (670001) and using Firefox 52.0 (64-bit) with extension 4.6.4.b2.

Daniel

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

I have also taken the liberty to move this discussion to the Saving and Filling forum since it looks more appropriate for that category ;)

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Thanks @DanielP. I've emailed a screen recording to show you behaviour on my side. Also used Firefox with same extension version as you. I've emailed a diagnostic report.

Cheers,

Victor

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jeunj: I'm not seeing anything in our system under this address. Could you post the Support ID you received? Then we can take a look at it and get back to you sooner. Thanks in advance! :)

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Didn't get a support id just a:

Hey there!

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

We're busier than usual at the moment. We know you rely on 1Password and just want to resolve things and get on with your life. We totally get it. So we have some links below that we worked really hard on. They should get you up and running without having to wait.

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member

Looks like I was using a different email for forums. Check email now.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I see you've contacted us, we'll reply via email :smile:

ref: JAG-57165-148

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jeunj: It looks like Adam was able to track down your emails in regard to an issue with saving. He'll be reply there shortly, and we really need to get that sorted out before we can go further with any specific website issue. We'll be in touch!

ref: JAG-57165-148

• andrewhunt
    andrewhunt
    Community Member

Having the same issue. One ever fills out 2 of the 3 fields.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@andrewhunt: Can you be more specific? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, I am able to save and fill my account login with 1Password at this URL:

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/do/dyns/login

In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information about the form to fill it better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/do/dyns/login
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

Let me know if that helps! :)

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

This wasn't working for me either. I tried the method above that @brenty posted is working (so far) :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that helped. Let us know if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.