To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Security question

Options
TDK1044
TDK1044
Community Member

So, given the number of security related posts here, I'm curious as to whether agile bits utilizes in house talent, and or trusted out of house talent, to try and hack the 1Password servers? Because at the end of the day, every 1Password customer is placing all of their most private information in one place in the belief that it is safe to do so. The data breaches at Target and Home Depot gave the hackers credit and debit card information, but a data breach at 1Password would be ten times worse. I know that there is significant security in place, but do you guys test your own security frequently?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TDK1044,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this important topic. The short answer is: yes. We're always evaluating ourselves (and each other, internally). We've also had a few professional audits done, and have ongoing auditing through the use of BugCrowd. You can read more about all of this here:

Third-party audits of 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

Great reading. Thanks, Ben.

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome. Have a great day! :)

This discussion has been closed.