Thoroughly Confused

mlmiles1
mlmiles1
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Does the beta 1P6 for PC sync with 1Password for Families? On my Mac, it seems that my 1Password syncs with 1P6 for Mac without using another platform to facilitate the sync. Does 1P6 Beta for the PC work the same way?

If not, how can I get my 1Password for PC information synced with my local 1P6Beta for PC?

Also, once I get all of this syncing properly, can I fill usernames and passwords when browsing in Firefox, Chrome, IE or Edge on the PC?

I don't know why I find this so difficult and painful. Please help.

By the way, while I was in limbo, I continued to use 1P 4.6, I believe with only the login to 1P for Families in it. So, I have been using 1P Families for my access info but hae not been able to fill credentials using either the helper or the link from the 1P Families app.

Thanks,

Malcolm

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ???

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Does the beta 1P6 for PC sync with 1Password for Families?

@mlmiles1: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Indeed, whether you're using the stable or beta version, the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app supports 1Password Families (and other 1Password.com membership plans).

On my Mac, it seems that my 1Password syncs with 1P6 for Mac without using another platform to facilitate the sync. Does 1P6 Beta for the PC work the same way? If not, how can I get my 1Password for PC information synced with my local 1P6Beta for PC?

Yep! You just login to your account in the app to access your data.

Also, once I get all of this syncing properly, can I fill usernames and passwords when browsing in Firefox, Chrome, IE or Edge on the PC?

Firefox and Chrome (and some alternative browsers) are supported with 1Password 6, and you can install the 1Password extensions from our site. Edge support is in the works, but we currently don't have plans to support Internet Explorer though, as Microsoft is no longer actively developing it going forward either.

I don't know why I find this so difficult and painful. Please help.

We'll keep working to make it easier. Don't worry. Were here for you! :chuffed:

By the way, while I was in limbo, I continued to use 1P 4.6, I believe with only the login to 1P for Families in it. So, I have been using 1P Families for my access info but hae not been able to fill credentials using either the helper or the link from the 1P Families app.

Ah, no problem. It isn't possible to fill using the 1Password.com web interface, but we've got a great guide to help you get to know 1Password for Windows. And be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.