To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Add License

mstep1psswrd
mstep1psswrd
Community Member

I installed 1password on my MacBook. No option to add my license. On my other computer I added the license under Preferences / License. But only the option to buy 1 password again is available under Preferences.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mstep1psswrd. It sounds like you installed 1Password from the Mac App Store, correct? Due to the way Apple registers Mac App Store apps using Apple IDs, Mac App Store apps need to be downloaded through the Mac App Store and the AgileBits Store version needs to be installed through my site in order for you to apply your license.

Just install 1Password from this link instead:
    https://1password.com/downloads/

That should do the trick! Let us know how that goes! Thanks!

• mstep1psswrd
    mstep1psswrd
    Community Member

Nope, downloaded from https://1password.com/downloads/

But I will uninstall/re-install and update you.

• mstep1psswrd
    mstep1psswrd
    Community Member

Resolved. Thanks.

• Great! Let us know if you need anything else!

• bugster70
    bugster70
    Community Member

So does this mean that a standalone licence should work across PC and Apple based versions? I purchased a standalone licence when I installed 1Password on my Dell laptop and want to know if the same licence key will work on a 1Password program installed on a Macbook please.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bugster70: If you purchased a license for both, then yes. But if you purchased a license only for 1Password for Windows, it will only work for that version.

• Board00
    Board00
    Community Member

Hello i Have buy on the Itunes Store my 1 Password, but i use now a Windows Machine can i geet my Licence Key?
    My support ticket is #AIQ-14296-819]. I would like to get a Windows license.
    I have send in the Mail the Bill of the apple Store.

Thanks in advance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Board00: I see you've already posted in another thread as well as emailing us. I'll get back to you shortly.

ref: AIQ-14296-819

This discussion has been closed.