To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why does search on the 1password.com website not include tags in results?

Options
kalbeas
kalbeas
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Memberships

When I search for something on 1Password.com tags are not included in the results, while they are included if I perform that same search from 1Password for iOS. Why the discrepancy?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:"1password.com search"

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kalbeas: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your post out of the Windows category of the forums since it doesn't sound like you're using that app.

Tags are shown in the sidebar on the left, so there's no need to search for them in most cases. But we can consider expanding the search capabilities of the web interface in the future. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• kalbeas
    kalbeas
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Sorry I didn't see a 1Password.com category and was accessing the website from a Windows box.

I figured that was the case. I guess I just thought that tags would be included in search regardless of that platform I was using.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kalbeas: That makes sense. Unfortunately while the 1Password.com web interface is really useful and has improved a lot (and will continue to do so), the native apps will always be more powerful. There are a lot of limitations on the web app because it has to work efficiently and securely across many different browsers with different capabilities, so that's where our focus is there. We're able to do a lot more when writing an app for a specific operating system...but we'll keep working to push the browser version even further as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.