Unknown OS

Options
iamecho
iamecho
Community Member

Hi, under My Profile on the 1P Families website I can see all the devices I use with 1P. I was wondering why my iPhone is showing "Unknown OS" instead of something similar to what my iPad and other devices show. I rang Apple and they confirmed my iPhone was registered and everything was fine on their end! It doesn't matter all that much that it says Unknown OS instead of iPhone 7, OS 10, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue! Apple may have indicated it was an issue on the developer side. I've attached a screen shot so you can see exactly what I mean. Many thanks!

1Password Version: Families
Extension Version: 6.7.Beta 1
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @iamecho! That's definitely a bit strange. What did you use to sign in to your account on your iPhone 7? The 1Password app, or a browser? If it's a browser, which browser did you use? We'll take a closer look :)

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob Hi Jacob - I always use the 1P app on my iPhone 7 to sign in to my account. I actually deleted the app this evening (deleted off phone and redownloaded) and went through the set up process again, and still it shows as Unknown OS. After trying that I tried you!

• Frank
    Options

Hi @iamecho - Thank you for getting back to us. I took a look at your account and it believe it's 1Password on your iPhone. To get a better understanding, I'll ask one of our developers to take a look at this and we'll get right back to you :+1:

• Frank
    Options

Hi @iamecho - Just to follow up... I checked with one of our developers in regards to the issue. If you delete the device from "My Profile" when you log into the web app then sign back into the account via 1Password on your iPhone, this should resolve the mystery. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions and if that worked for you. :+1:

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank I actually did that yesterday. I will try it again right now and report back, but after doing it yesterday the Unknown OS came back. I'll be back with an answer in 10.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@Frank Hi again - okay, this time I deleted the device AND deleted the app from my iPhone. After reinstalling the beta version it now shows correctly. Maybe I did it incorrectly yesterday, or maybe deleting and reinstalling the app is the key, but either way, we're back in business! Thank you very much.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @iamecho - You're very welcome. Yes, the device was showing up incorrectly due to the beta version. You should be good to go now. Keep us posted if it happens again and we'll be happy to help out. :+1: Enjoy the rest of the day.

This discussion has been closed.