Need to share vaults, using Window v4 and iOS v6 Pro versions, how do I best proceed?

darh
darh
Community Member

Just discovered your new family vaults plan, and new subscription model. I'm confused about how to move forward so we can share vaults. I want to create a joint one for my spouse and I, and another one I can share with extended family members to help manange my mom's affairs. My husband and I have licenses for all our Windows machines, currently on version 4, and are using the Pro version on iOS.

It doesn't sound like v6 is ready for an upgrade path yet. Can we still share vaults today? How? And once we do share vaults, will we be obligated to start paying for a subscription, or can we continue to use our current Dropbox storage method?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.619
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7, WIndows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @darh - Thank you for reaching out to us and it's a great question. I would definitely recommend giving 1Password Families a test drive. We include a 30 day free trial so you can make sure it works for you.

When you sign up for a Families plan you have the ability to invite up to 5 family members per subscription. Each family member has access all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Android and iOS). You can even view your 1Password data via the web from any device. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. Each family member by default receives a Personal & Shared vault. Personal vaults can only be accessed by that member, not by you or anyone else. All members also get access to a Shared vault, and you can create additional vaults to share with specific members and manage things a bit more. For instance, I added my banking and medical information to our Shared vault. Now my wife has access to this data in the case of an emergency.

We're no longer marketing the standalone license offering. While it is still possible to purchase it, we are no longer recommending it for new customers. It requires more technical skill and attention to configure and maintain and as such we strongly feel the subscription offering is the better choice for most people. That said, there are some that are comfortable with the level of technical skill required to set up the standalone product, and if you're one of them, then you're welcome to give it a try. I just don't want you to be put off on 1Password altogether because of that. The subscription service is definitely easier to use, especially if sharing with a family. I really believe you will enjoy using 1Password 6 on Windows so keep us posted if you have any additional questions. We're happy to help out.

This discussion has been closed.