Update existing login changes username when just updating password

Tetryl91
Tetryl91
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just updated to the latest beta (6.5.395) and changed passwords on two sites, and it prompted me to update logins on both sites, but checking the entries afterwards the usernames got messed up, among other things.

On pacsun.com, after changing my password and having 1PW update the login for me, the password was changed correctly, but the username was changed to "Search". On tumblr.com, I changed my password and had 1PW update the login, and my username was changed to "Confirm password" and the password field was blank. All I did on these sites was update my password, no username changes. Haven't tried any other sites yet.

1Password Version: 6.5.395
Extension Version: 4.6.4.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1PW account

Comments

• Hi @Tetryl91,

Thanks for reporting these issues!

We're investigating it and will get back to you soon, it is not supposed to touch your username if it hasn't been changed but that could be dependent on the site's design.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member

Same issue on gforums.co.nz, username was changed to the email address within the password update

• MikeT
    edited March 2017

Thanks! We can confirm the issue with the username updates and we will improve this in the next update.

This discussion has been closed.