1 password on Windows? app or browser?

guilford
guilford
Community Member

I am using the 1password app on my iphone, ipad, and mac desktop. Those devices use dropbox for syncing. I recently joined the
1password for families (or teams, not sure what it is called these days) so passwords can be used from a web browser. I am thinking of getting a windows laptop. Is there a windows 1password app that will sync with dropbox or should I use the browser (families) to access passwords on the windows laptop?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

@guilford There is a dedicated 1Password Windows app and if you're on 1Password for Families, you get the latest also.
    Some info on it:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/76448/1password-6-4-for-windows-is-here-with-a-new-1password-mini-design-and-so-much-more#latest

• Windows.... Really? Haha just kidding.
  • Hi @guilford - Yes, one of the benefits of using a 1Password membership is we include all the apps - Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android since it's built into the monthly or annual pricing. You can locate all the apps by signing into your Families account -

Once logged into the account > Click on the Families name in the upper right hand side > Select "get the apps" from the drop down menu. You can then install anyone of our 1Password apps from here :-)

Thank you for the help @Prime :+1:

• guilford
    guilford
    Community Member

Great. Thanks. Believe me I'm no fan of Windows, but doggone it those Macbooks are becoming outrageously expensive. I understand the extra $400 for quality but it seems much higher these days. Sigh.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@guilford - On behalf of Frank, you're very welcome! :)

I feel your pain regarding the prices. I bought one of the new MacBook Pro with the Touchbar, and the price point indeed made me hesitate longer than I usually do!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@guilford I hear ya! I still have my late 2008 aluminum MacBook. I was going to wait for the new MacBook Pro, but you're right, those seem high.

• Hi @prime @guilford @Roman - It's one of the reasons I stick to purchasing from the refurbished store. Apple provides a one year warranty just like a brand new Mac. I think people hear the word "refurbished" and are immediately turned off. But my MacBook Air is working perfectly :-) Just a thought.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@Frank I've done that with a few things, and you're right a 1 year warranty with them. I'll probably go that route with the Mac mini needs to be replaced too, just hope they come out with new ones soon. Apple is probably the only company I would go refurbished.

• Hi @prime - Completely agree with you there. I miss my Mac mini such an underrated computer and I hope Apple releases an updated version :+1: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• guilford
    guilford
    Community Member

I went ahead and bought a MacBook Air last weekend. 13" 128?GB for $799. Given what I saw on the Windows side in terms of price I thought the Air was the obvious choice. I know the MB Air will be discontinued, but given all I do is write, the Air should last awhile.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @guilford! Best of luck with your new Mac! I bought my first Mac back in 2005... one thing I've experienced compared to the Windows devices I had before then is that the devices I've owned have tended to stay totally viable as "daily drivers" for a lot longer. I have a unibody "MacBook" that I bought in 2008 that's still being used on a daily basis here! So I've no doubts you'll get many years out of your Air :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.