How do I apply a 1password 6 license to 1password 3 app?

Gillian
Gillian
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi there,
I have purchased a 1password 6 license (or possibly a 1password 5 license). I am running this successfully with the 1password app 6 running on my iMac using El Capitan (OS 10.11).
However I also have an old MacBook whose operating system will not advance beyond Snow Leopard (OS 10.6.8). 1 password 3 is installed on this MacBook -- Version 3.8.22 (build 32010). I have downloaded the license key, however it does not remove the 'Your password trial has expired!' pop up box and I cannot add new passwords to the 1password 3 app on this Macbook. Is there another way to apply the license to 1password 3?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Snow Leopard (OS 10.6.8)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I apply a 1password 6 license to 1password 3 app?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gillian

I've sent you a private message with the information, please check there :chuffed:

• webHunter
    webHunter
    Community Member

Hi, I've the same problem

I've update the 1Password program (licensed) but now I can only read the data and I can't modify it: why?
    How can I import my license? I've found the license file but I don't understand what I need to do?
    Can I help me?
    tks in advance

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@webHunter: It sounds like you may have the opposite problem. A 1Password 3 license key isn't valid for 1Password 6, which uses a license file. I've resent your license details via email though, so you should be able to follow the instructions there to download the appropriate version and register it. However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com subscription, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.