Vault in family account visible by family members even though they do not have access

Options
pcarrier
pcarrier
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have a Family Account with a personnal vault, a shared one with my family and one vault for work. Now my girlfriend can see my work vault even though I did not give her access. Is this normal ? She can only see but not change anything in my work vault. Also she is a family organiser (but like I said, she does not have access to my work vault.)

The problem happens on the web and on her computer and in iOS

Any ideas ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @pcarrier - Thank you for contacting us. I appreciate the screenshot you included as well but I had to remove it. There was private information still visible so I hope you understand. Now back to your question. Yes, as a Family Organizer, she will be able to see the vault but unless she is added to the vault (which as an organizer she can do), she won't be able to make any changes to the data. So yes, it is normal behavior. The only way around this is removing her as a Family Organizer, which I wouldn't recommend since you will lose the benefit of recovery. Thank you for checking with us and I hope this helped. :+1:

• pcarrier
    pcarrier
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a bunch.

• Frank
    Options

You're welcome, I'm glad the information was helpful. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help out. Have a great weekend :-)

This discussion has been closed.