Share view access without editing permissions

Prospect67
Prospect67
Community Member

I want family members to be able to view the login info in our shared vault but don't want them to have editing access to my saved passwords etc

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I share viewing access to a vault without sharing editing access

Comments

• Frank
    edited March 2017

Hi @Prospect67 - I appreciate the feedback and feature request. 1Password Families doesn't have advanced permission controls compared to 1Password Teams. An option that might work for you... You can "copy" items over to the Shared vault so everyone has access to it. When you "copy" an item into the Shared vault, any changes will not sync over to the original item within your Personal vault. Only if you "move" the item over will any changes sync back to the original item. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but it might work, if you don't want family members to be able to edit the original item. Let us know if you have any additional questions and again thank you for taking the time to share some feedback with us :+1:

• learning_1pw
    learning_1pw
    Community Member

Isn't it possible to create a new vault and give family members view-only access to it?

• @learning_1pw Indeed! And that solution may work for @Prospect67 as well. The default Shared vault's permissions can't be modified to view only, but you can certainly create a vault and make its permissions view only. :)

This discussion has been closed.