How to export csv file from iOS (in iTunes)

Calicocat
Calicocat
Community Member

I bought 1Password Pro for my iPhone years ago and it backs up into iTunes. My version is v6.4.2. I have been able to retrieve the 1p4_zip and open up the SQLite file but the passwords in there are encrypted. There are great guides of how to export the csv file for the newer 1Password apps but I can't find instructions for my iTunes dinosaur. Could you either (1) provide instructions for how to export a csv file from my version or (2) provide the sql script to retrieve the data from the OnePassword.SQLite file? Thanks in advance for your help! Cindy

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPhone 6 (iOS 10.2.1)
Sync Type: iTunes

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Calicocat: You should be able to open a .1p4_zip backup file using 1Password for iOS or 1Password for Mac. During the setup process in the app, just choose to your existing data, and select the backup file. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• Calicocat
    Calicocat
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually moving away from 1Password and need the csv file. I don't have access to a Mac (only PC). What are my options? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Calicocat: Unfortunately while you should be able to restore 1Password for iOS from the backup, there's just no good way to export data from a mobile device. However, you could sync it with the desktop app and export from there, just the options will vary depending on which version you're using. Could you be more specific as to what you're using on the PC?

• Calicocat
    Calicocat
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, Your suggestion worked. On my 1Password mobile app, I added my account (I signed up for the free trial). Note: it didn't let me add an account until I updated to the latest version of 1Password. I then got 1Password on my PC, logged into my account (all the passwords appeared!), and exported the csv from the desktop app. It was a bit round about but it worked! Thanks for your help and for pointing me in the right direction!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Likewise, thanks for you patience and perseverance! I'm glad to hear that you were able to export after syncing your data to the desktop. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.