How do I delete my saved "Edit question" draft? I found a solution to my problem

Options
glow259
glow259
Community Member
  1. These are the only buttons available to me via the attached screenshot
    and it does not have the option to erase/delete. It still remains as a draft
    after I manually delete the content.

Thanks

glow259

Comments

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Of course, the saved draft is gone since I posted the above question.
    But still, how do I delete the saved draft without posting to the forum?

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

@glow259: Great question! You'll have a "Drafts" link at the top of the page (between "Bookmarks" and "Notifications"), but you can also hold down ⌘ and the "Save Draft" button will become "Delete Draft". Cheers! :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Brenty, If I understood you correctly, I held the "command button" down thinking the "Drafts" will turn into what you stated. It did not. However, I clicked on the button and it showed the link to the saved draft. When I hovered on the link to click on it, It revealed
    a tiny "X" link quite farther to the right ( I have a 27-inch monitor), which I clicked-test and it "said" "no draft saved". I just need to remember for another time.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When I hovered on the link to click on it, It revealed a tiny "X" link quite farther to the right ( I have a 27-inch monitor), which I clicked-test and it "said" "no draft saved". I just need to remember for another time.

Ah yes, that's what I was referring to. Sorry for not being clearer. It is a bit obscure (especially on a large screen like that!), but I'm glad that helped. Cheers! :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Saturday February 18, 2017

Update to 1Password 6.5.4 for Mac is broke

I was surprised to discover that my 1Password icon on my toolbar is missing. The attached photos
    should assist you on the steps I did. I repeated the update 8 times in a total period of one hour
    as it indicated that the there have been 4 updates since the last version I have which is still the current
    6.3.5 version tonight. What do I do now? Also am I still safe to use my current old 6.3.5 since the 6.5.4
    will not update? Thank you for the immediate attention to this matter.

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Removed the duplicate photo

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@glow259 please read the first post in this thread on the 1Password for Mac forum. It tells you how to download the latest update direct.

Stephen

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Re: iMac 27" 5K Retina Desktop | Mac OS Sierra 10.12.13 (lastest OS upgrade)

Thank you Stephen_C,

I finally downloaded after a temporary delay due to:
    'Uncomfirmed" with instruction to choose what to open it with. And of course, there
    is none. I was about to post this temporary issue only to find a temp. new download label
    1Password 6 where after installing it from 'Applications', the download software is no longer
    in the 'Downloads'. I'm guessing this is how it is when 'downloading directly from the website'

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glow259: Correct. When you download 1Password from the AgileBits website and run the installer, it automatically places it in your Applications folder. It sounds like you were able to install the new version successfully, but be sure to let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your time brenty . . .

I'm relieved that it's working again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, glad to hear it! We're here if you need us. :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    Options

Subject: IF ALL ELSE FAILS ( no 1password app and no passwords period) due to accidental deletion

How do you get it back? Will Agilebits Downloads on the web allow me?
    It took me almost half a day to work it out. I solved it by using my cell phone
    number yahoo email login option to access everything including
    "[#TZN-33383-981]" response.

(Latest 1Password6 version 6.6.4 Update Problem)

To make the story short, in following the 2nd instruction if the first update fails,
    I deleted my 1Password app as required, which of course included all stored
    passwords (MAJOR BIG MISTAKE) before downloading 1Password software.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How do you activate to post a clickable link shortcut w/out the shortened url?
    Thanks

@glow259 please read "the first post in this thread" [goo.gl/u986YC] on the
    1Password for Mac forum. It tells you how to download the latest update direct.
    ~ Stephen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Problem Solved, however . . .
    Re: Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject
    of your diagnostics email(s) before you hit "Send":[#TZN-33383-981] This will link
    your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what
    we find out. Thanks, Support Jedi @ AgileBits

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @glow259,

I sent you an email on Friday, but just in case you didn't get it I'm going to resend it. This message has instructions on creating a diagnostics report so we can assist you further. Once we have that we can then continue our troubleshooting though email.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
    Andrew

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Subject: IF ALL ELSE FAILS ( no 1password app and no passwords period) due to accidental deletion the next time around.

How do you get it back? Will Agilebits Downloads on the web allow me and work
    from there? Or will it stop me dead on track. This is where I need further assistance

Problem was solved before the [#TZN-33383-981] so there is no need to do it.
    It is already working. Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Subject: IF ALL ELSE FAILS ( no 1password app and no passwords period) due to accidental deletion the next time around.
    How do you get it back? Will Agilebits Downloads on the web allow me and work from there? Or will it stop me dead on track. This is where I need further assistance

@glow259: If you delete 1Password on a computer, your data should still be there (unless you delete it as well, or use a "cleaner" app). However, if you delete 1Password from a mobile device, this removes its data as well. If you're using the standalone 1Password app and don't have a copy of your data somewhere else, that's it; it's gone. So be sure to backup your data. If, however, you use a 1Password.com account, your data is stored on the server so you can access it and even restore earlier versions of items if you make a mistake editing. In any of these cases though, you can always download the app again. The important thing is that you have a backup copy, and your Master Password (and Your Secret Key — F.K.A. Account Key — if you're using 1Password.com). We never have access to those, so we can't give them to you.

However, I'm still a bit confused. I'm not clear where you need further assistance, so hopefully the explanation above helps; but also here you say

Problem was solved before the [#TZN-33383-981] so there is no need to do it. It is already working. Thank you

From that it sounds like you're all set, but be sure to let us know if there's something else we can help with. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.