Trouble with installing 1Password on new Mac

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't install in Mac OS Sierra.

Comments

• 1707winn
    1707winn
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this same problem. I downloaded the installer pkg on a new Mac. It says it installed but it is not in the applications directory or anywhere else. I restated the Mac and reinstalled but it is still not in applications. Can you help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1707winn: Are you may just looking in your user folder (~/Applications/)? It should be installed at the system level (/Applications/). Let me know what you find!

• 1707winn
    1707winn
    Community Member
    Options

All of my apps are in one place and it is not there. I also did a file search of all files and only found the 1Password- 6.6.4.pkg, which is what I ran to get the installer. 1Password runs fine on my other Mac.

• @1707winn : hrmm... can launch Console.app from /Applications/Utilities...select your device on the left side bar, then search for "Installer" in the upper right hand corner of the window. Then run the pkg installer and let's see if anything interesting gets logged by the system install while it's processing our pkg file.

Rick

• 1707winn
    1707winn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rick,
    There are about 25 events in less than a minute. Here are a few of them. This is a brand new MacBook Pro running 10.12.3 and other software has installed correctly.

NSURLConnection finished with error - code -1100 - installer process
    loginwindow is not entitled - Kernel process
    AccessoriesManag is not entitled
    UserEventAgent is not entitled
    time: 10.126 - excessive time in seconds
    Failed to send message because the port couldn't be created.

• According to this , -1100 means file not found . I hate to do the old "have you tried turning it off and on again?"... but have you tried a reboot? I wonder if installer isn't finding the Applications directory correctly. Though I find it odd that the installer is even playing with NSURLConnection. Does it provide any more information for that line?

Rick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1707winn: That may help. However, while it wasn't entirely clear from your previous post, it sounds like you may have restarted already. I'd say it's still worth a try though.

If it's still not working there may be some permissions issue on your Mac causing it to not have access to the Applications folder. In that case, you can try using Permissions > Repair Permissions in the 1Password troubleshooting tool to see if that fixes it.

Otherwise you may need to boot your Mac into Recovery mode and repair the whole filesystem on the drive itself using Disk Utility first aid, if it can't be done properly when running the OS.

• 1707winn
    1707winn
    Community Member
    Options

I shut down the Mac, did a restart, then immediately ran the 1Password install tool with no success. Here are some entries from console under errors and faults:

Recived an unknown object for kBodyIDKey
    Diagnostics: Rejecting client connection from pid 53: Client not permitted to utilize this service.

I have limited time today to work on it but I will try the 1Password troubleshooting tool perhaps tomorrow.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1707winn,

Sorry to hear that 1Password is still stubbornly failing to install on your new Mac. If you can't get it working after your next attempt(s), please use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostics report as soon as possible:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report (Mac)

Then attach the report file with an email to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your diagnostics report in the forum, and do include a link to this discussion and your forum username in the email.

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID. If you post that ticket ID here we can track down your email with the report more quickly and help you get this issue resolved.

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.