Downloaded free trial 1pw6 but can't migrate data from 1pw4

Downloaded free trial 1pw6 but can't migrate data from 1pw4 Have tried all the videos and online info without success. Please help
Using Windows 10 ios9 and android

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Downloaded free trial 1pw6 but can't migrate data from 1pw4

Comments

• Rayjack
    Rayjack
    Community Member

Downloaded free trial 1pw6 but can't migrate data from 1pw4 Have tried all the videos and online info without success. Please help
    Using Windows 10 ios9 and android

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Downloaded free trial 1pw6 but can't migrate data from 1pw4

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @Rayjack,

I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password on Windows! We are here to help, so you did the right thing by reaching out to us.

First of all, could you please specify what difficulties with importing your data you have at the moment? Have you tried to follow this guide on our website? If you have, please let us know what troubles you bumped into during this process. This additional information will help us understand what is going on and how we should proceed.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Rayjack
    Rayjack
    Community Member

Hello Greg
    I have used the free version of 1password for years now on my windows 10 laptop, my iPad and my android phone. I decided to try out the 30day trial of the licensed 1pw6 and downloaded and installed it on my laptop. I'm now having difficulty trying to migrate my data from 1pw4. I have tried to follow all the guides which you provide on line but actual events do not seem to go the same way! I did not get the "Let's get started email" but have got the secret key etc,
    I downloaded, installed and ran 1pw6 and got a new vault with only 3 items in it and cannot migrate my old data, I got as far as "get the apps" but then cannot see how to drag the setup code to the 1pw window.
    Could you please help, preferably by direct intervention?
    Many thanks
    Ray

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Rayjack: We’ve been swamped with the support requests recently and our small support team is doing their best to catch up. For this reason we do not offer a phone support at the moment, but I'd love to see if we can get things running faster for you this way.

Since you already signed in to your account in 1Password 6, there is no need for you to drag the setup code to 1Password window. Could you please try to do the following:

1) Select (Settings) in 1Password 6 on your PC > Accounts & Vaults > Folder > Open Vault.
    2) Select your .opvault or .agilekeychain folder you are using in 1Password 4, click OK, then enter the password for that vault.
    3) Select all of the items in that vault by pressing Ctrl+A after clicking one of the items in the list.
    4) Click Copy and choose the Personal vault of your Individual account.

Does it work for you? If it does, please remove your old vault from 1Password 6. Once your data has been migrated to an account, the old vault is no longer necessary. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser and check your account to make sure things have migrated. If they have, you can remove your old vault:

1) Select (Settings) > Accounts & Vaults.
    2) Under Folder, choose your vault (the default name is “1Password”) > Remove.

If it doesn't, please get back to me and let me know what difficulties you have. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Rayjack
    Rayjack
    Community Member

Hi Greg
    Thanks for your help. I started to work through your points on my Windows 10 pc , and then decided to try instead on my iPad. All sorted in about 3 minutes!
    Many thanks again
    Ray

• That's great to hear and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.