Attachments not syncing after sharing

Markus73
Markus73
Community Member

I have shared an entry containing attachments with my wife's vault. When switching vaults from within the same 1Password application, the entry looks exactly the same there, including attachments. But there is a problem when looking at this entry on other devices (both on other computers and on iOS): attachments are missing, though the text fields sync just fine right away. This only happens in my wife's vault, my vault seems to be syncing correctly.

Deleting + sharing again did not solve the issue. Interestingly, a very similar entry that also has attachments synced just fine only minutes earlier, both in my wife's vault and mine. It's puzzling why only the attachments of one particular entry in one particular vault won't sync properly.

Any suggestions on what I could try?

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Markus73
    Markus73
    Community Member

I've just found a workaround: first I deleted the incorrect entry from the destination vault. Then, instead of sharing the entry, I exported it from the source vault and then imported it into the destination vault. This way the attachments synced correctly. This suggests that there must be some issue with the sharing functionality.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Markus73,

Sorry to hear attachments weren't syncing properly for the item you copied to the vault you share with your wife! I'm glad you figured out a workaround for that.

From your description, it sounds like you copied that item from one vault to another by selecting it and going to Item > Share > [destination vault name] > Copy. If the copy of the item in the destination vault had working attachments, but those attachments didn't sync to the 1Password app on other devices (via Dropbox), that seems to imply the Copy feature worked correctly but there was a sync problem. But that wouldn't necessarily explain why the sync worked correctly when you exported/imported that item, so it's difficult to know what went wrong.

Anyway, I'm glad the attachments are working correctly for you now! If you run into the same problem with other items, please let us know so we can investigate further. Thanks! :)

• Markus73
    Markus73
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,

just in case it helps: there used to be an almost equivalent entry in the destination vault (exact same name). Some fields changed, as did the attachments. Not sure whether I removed it before or after the first sharing action. It's still strange that the same kind of sharing action on a different item worked fine. But maybe I performed the steps (removing old entry in destination, sharing new one) in a different order. I'll let you know in case I ever run into that sort of problem again.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Markus73! It sounds like maybe it could have had something to do with that other item with the same name. It's hard to know for sure, though. If you need to copy another item with attachments to the shared vault, hopefully that one will work correctly. But if it has the same problem, let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.