Password Generator Copy button doesn't work

The 'Password Generator' UI on the latest Windows build seems to not do anything. Copying the password seems to only be possible by manually selecting and using ctrl+C or right clicking and choosing copy.

Screencapture:

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: should be Irrelevant

Comments

• Hi @JohannesMP,

Thanks for reporting this.

Do you by any chance have any clipboard managers on your PC? I'm not able to reproduce this yet with the same versions as yours.

We have seen issues with clipboard managers blocking 1Password's ability to copy content to the clipboard programmability but manually copying (user-invoked) works.

• JohannesMP
    JohannesMP
    Community Member

I do not have any clipboard managers to the best of my knowledge. I'll try to poke some of my running processes to see if disabling any helps.

• MikeT
    edited March 2017

Hi @JohannesMP,

I've just replied to your other thread, I think I know why. You may not have any writable vaults. When you click on copy, 1Password creates a new Password item to save the password for you to revisit later. If you have no valid 1Password.com membership, the copy button won't work at all because there is no existing vault to save the password to.

We'll fix the design to make sure it is disabled if there are no writable vaults.

• JohannesMP
    JohannesMP
    Community Member

Ah, that would make sense. Cheers on the quick replies too!

• Sorry about that and thanks for reporting this to us.

This discussion has been closed.