Been Using Standalone Version for Years Love It...

jzarech
jzarech
Community Member

Always bragging to family how awesome 1Password is -- I finally convinced them to start using it and got a family Trial Subscription and set them up. My question is this -- can I access the Family passwords from my Standalone version on my iPhone, PC etc... ie can I access my private vault and family account from my standalone?
Thanks,
Joseph

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited March 2017

Hi @jzarech - Great question and I'm happy to hear you were able to get the family onboard :+1: You will have to download and install 1Password 6 onto your PC which is compatible with your new 1Password Families account. You can use our helpful guide below to get started rocking 1Password Families on your PC -

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#add-your-account

As far as your iPhone, you can add your Families account to your existing 1Password app -

Open & unlock 1Password > Tap settings tab at the bottom > Tap 1Password Accounts > Tap Add Account

You will have the option of scanning the setup code listed on your Emergency Kit or you can manually enter your login details.

Keep us posted if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help out :-)

• jzarech
    jzarech
    Community Member

Thanks Frank! I'll give your suggestions a whirl!

• Frank
    edited March 2017

Anytime @jzarech we're here to help if you need us. You have the option of migrating your existing data over to the Families account via 1Password on your iPhone or when you set up 1Password 6 on your PC.

It might be easier to try migrating your data first from 1Password on your iPhone. Plus we have an awesome video that will walk you through the process so get the popcorn ready!

This discussion has been closed.