To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Old IOS Apps User and Now 1 PW Families Member -

drohr
drohr
Community Member

I have used 1PW on my Mac and iphone and ipad2 for 5 years very successfully and love it. Realize the value of the families plan and just signed up for an account today. My old data was transferred over smoothly. I did not delete the old data from Mac app because in my mind I wanted to see the items in their new place.

First question is how do I go back and delete the data now?

I have the 1PW apps on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. When I sign in to the Mac app I have to use the old app sign on password. I could not use same master password because the new 1PW Family account required 10 characters. Is there any way for me to change the password on the apps to match my family account?

When I do open up the app on my Mac it shows the "primary vault" (old info that is in my existing apps)and then below that it shows my Family Account with one private vault and the one shared I have created so far. Is there a way to get rid of the primary vault. This primary vault does not show when I go through the web to 1PW Family but I do not want to use it that way most of the time of course.

The Apps on my iphone and ipad are also signed on with my old password. I would like to have them changed to the same one I have with my new account. Remember there was not the need for ten characters when I set them up 5v years ago. I really wish all master passwords to be the same.

I do not see the vaults from my family plan on the older apps. Nor did I see the bar scan code come up when I downloaded the app for my Mac. Should I delete the apps from my iPhone, ipad, and Mac and download them from scratch?

the app has worked so good in the past and I am excited about the new capabillities of the family plan but i feel like I am running parallel programs with the old apps and the browser version...somewhat defeating the purpose of one password.

Comments

• Hi @drohr - Congrats on the new account :-) Thank you for the support over the last 5 years and I'm happy to hear you're giving 1Password Families a test drive. So let's dive right in -

When I do open up the app on my Mac it shows the "primary vault" (old info that is in my existing apps)and then below that it shows my Family Account with one private vault and the one shared I have created so far. Is there a way to get rid of the primary vault. This primary vault does not show when I go through the web to 1PW Family but I do not want to use it that way most of the time of course.

You mentioned that you already migrated over your existing 1Password data to your new Personal vault. If this is the case, you can delete your Primary vault from your devices by following the steps below -

On your Mac -

Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your original master password before you can delete the vault.

On your iOS devices -

Tap settings on the bottom tab > Tap "Vaults" > Tap on your Primary vault from the list then tap "delete vault"

Once your Primary vault has been removed your apps will default to your new Master Password. So we're lighting two candles with one flame :+1: I think that's how the expression goes...

You can add the Families account to your existing apps using this guide - just make sure to have your Emergency Kit handy. You can also manually enter your login details as well.

https://support.1password.com/add-device/#add-your-account-to-the-1password-app

Let us know if you have any additional questions. We're happy to help!

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member

This worked like a champ. The only challenge I still have is the App on my Mac still has me signing in with my old PW. When I deleted Primary vault it had me enter the account PW and said that it would be the one I use from now on. do I need to restart or get rid of and dnload the new app for my Mac? Will that have any impact on extensions or data or data safe now that I am in 1PW Families?

• Frank
    edited March 2017

Hi @drohr I'm happy to hear that helped. Once your Primary vault was deleted from 1Password on your Mac, it's still asking you for the original Master Password?

Hmmm... If that's the case and you have migrated over all your data to the new account, you could reset 1Password on your Mac then just sign in from the welcome screen with your new login credentials. Just make sure all your data has been migrated over before proceeding.

If you decide to reset 1Password on your Mac, from the welcome screen, under "Already using 1Password" choose "1Password.com" then sign in using your login credentials listed on your Emergency Kit. :+1:

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member

Frank, I restarted the computer and it works fine. I now sign in my Mac app and all the ios devices with the same paster PW just as planned.

hope I am not pushing my luck here:)....isn't there a way to save photo file with certain items? I did not find that in support

• Frank
    edited March 2017

That's fantastic news @drohr and thank you for letting me know :wink:

isn't there a way to save photo file with certain items?

Great question! Yes, if you click on the "+" to add a new item, choose Document from the list then you can upload it from there :+1: Screenshots below (iOS & Mac) for clarification. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime. I want to make sure you're getting the most out of using 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.