1Password stopped filling login fields

Options

Hello,

it's been a while since this is happening. 1Password won't insert username and password in the fields on every website, and I have to manually copy and paste to be able to log in. I tried both the keyboard shortcut and by clicking on the extension icon. I went through all the troubleshooting suggestions (https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/) but my case isn't even covered (that's not only happening on one specific website, but on every website I visit). I also tried disabling all my browser extensions but 1Password to see if something was interfering with no luck. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck either.

Chrome 56.0.2924.87
1Password 6.6.4
1Password Chrome extension 4.6.3.90
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mattia

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zool,

I have a couple of questions to see if we can narrow down the cause.

1. If you visit a site that you know you have a Login item for, what happens if you click on the 1Password Browser Extension button in Chrome? Does the 1Password mini menu appear and does it correctly show you the matching Login item? This will determine if the extension is connected to 1Password.
    2. If you access the 1Password mini menu do you see any text in blue or red at the top of the menu?

These will help guide any potential future questions or lead us to the answer :smile:

• zool
    zool
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @littlebobbytables, thank you for your message.

I managed to make the issue disappear by reinstalling the 1Password client. For future reference, the answers were:

1. Yes, the extension was properly connected to 1Password.
    2. No, I didn't see any text in red or blue at the top of the menu.

I'll post here again if this issue returns.

Thanks,

Mattia

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zool (Mattia),

Please do let us know if the issue returns. Given it wasn't either of the initial hunches I had we'll need to investigate a bit deeper should it return.

This discussion has been closed.