1Password functions differently on new computer

Options
WEAD
WEAD
Community Member

When I moved from an iMac to a MacBook Pro I had 1Password transferred over with other files and apps, but it's behaving differently. I can place only the mini logo in the top bar; and when I click on it to call up the password for a website I get the list of all my passwords. I have to pick the one I want from the entire list. Has the app been damaged in the transfer? I've got the license but haven't been able to follow all the steps to retrieve my secret key or emergency kit—if, in fact, they are what I need to solve the problem. Has anyone had this problem? I would deeply appreciate any insight.

Comments

• Hi @WEAD,

Based on what you've described there, it sounds like maybe you haven't installed the 1Password browser extension into your browser. Without it, 1Password won't be able to determine which website you're looking at. If you haven't installed it, you'll want to do so by going here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

If you do have it installed then something else might be off. If you have a license, you shouldn't need the secret key + emergency kit stuff as that's only for users who have 1Password.com accounts which it sounds like you don't have.

Let us know how that goes and we'll take it from there.

Rick

• WEAD
    WEAD
    Community Member
    Options

That was it, Rick. Thanks a lot. The answer was right there in front of me and I ignored it. Much obliged.

• That's great to hear. 1Password is much less fun without the extension and its integration there. Thanks for taking the time to write in and ask about it.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.