1Password won't copy the password into MyCloud.local

I recently bought a WD My Cloud drive as my previous backup drive was getting full. The drive works great and I have NO problems with password operation generally. But when I want to look at the MyCloud "dashboard" (via a web-browser to "wdmycloud.local" in my case) I find that 1Password will not paste the password into that web-accessed form at all. Since I copy to the clipboard anyway, I can paste the password from there, but it is inconvenient. I tried to access using Safari with no luck. I was unable to use FireFox to even see a login for the MyCloud "dashboard" at all.

1Password Version: 6.7.BETA-2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:mycloud

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pschumann,

Unfortunately I don't have access to that kind of backup drive so cannot reproduce such a scenario. Unless someone else reading this can confirm that they see the same issue with a MyCloud login I'll try to help you by just talking through it.

• May I ask if the login form that you cannot fill on the wdmycloud.localweb page appears as a grey popup in the web browser or does it appear within the frame of the web page itself without any popup?
    • Next, if it appears within the frame of the web page itself - have you created your Login within the main 1Password app or by using the Autosave mechanism after you enter your login details and login? If you have created it within the main 1Password app, I would suggest trying to create a new Login using the Save new Login feature.
    • Finally, if none of that works, it might helpful if you could capture a screenshot of the login page as you see it and attach it to your reply here.

Important: Please ensure to not include any personal or sensitive information in the screenshot.

Hopefully we can help sort this out.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• pschumann
    pschumann
    Community Member

1) Not sure what you mean by the terms "grey popup" or "frame". I will provide you with a screenshot anyway
    2) I used the "Save new Login feature" within Safari; I very rarely create new logins within the 1Password app
    3) Will do this anyway.

I got my Firefox problems ironed out and was able to get 1Password to work completely normally there. So the problem would appear to be more Safari-specific than just any browser.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @pschumann,

What Matthew was (I think) referring to is something known as basic authentication. It's a way for a page or site to require a password but it works at a level underneath the actual web page. The browser displays the authentication dialog and so we can't interact with it. This isn't the case based on the image you posted.

So just to make sure I understand, 1Password works with this page in Firefox but not Safari but other than this page everything is working in Safari as expected. Do you happen to have Chrome, Opera or Vivaldi installed and does it work or not work there?

I don't own a Western Digital device so I cannot test and will have to check with my colleagues to see if any of them do.

This discussion has been closed.