Mac App Store version is in read-only mode until launching main app

This discussion was created from comments split from: downloaded from Mac App Store and now says "read only".

Comments

• tobsenmilch
    tobsenmilch
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Hi

I have a 1Password subscription. I downloaded the free Mac App Store app recently, logged in, everything is running fine. However, every time I restart my machine, 1Password mini tells me I have read-only access until I open the full app then the message disappears. It's annoying...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tobsenmilch,

I'm sorry 1Password mini is in read-only mode until you open the main app! This sounds like a bit of a different issue than the one in the previous discussion, so I've moved your post to a new thread. I hope you don't mind!

Does this only happen the first time you unlock 1Password mini after rebooting your Mac? If you lock 1Password again, quit the main app, and then unlock it from mini, does it say it's in read-only mode again, or does it work correctly?

Before downloading 1Password from the Mac App Store, had you been using the AgileBits Store version? If you open the Applications folder on your Mac, do you have both the Mac App Store version (1Password.app) and the AgileBits Store version (1Password 6.app) in there?

Also, what exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?

Thanks in advance! :)

• tobsenmilch
    tobsenmilch
    Community Member

It's only the first time.

I only have the Mac App Store version (1Password.app) in the Applications folder. I was using the AgileBits Store version but uninstalled it prior to installing the Mac App Store version.

Version info: 1Password
    Version 6.6.3 (663005)
    Mac App Store

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tobsenmilch,

Thanks for checking that. We just released an update for the Mac App Store version of 1Password, which is version 6.6.4. I don't think it has changes which would directly address a problem like the one you're seeing, but you should try installing it anyway, and see if that makes any difference. Just launch the Mac App Store and check the Updates tab, then install the 1Password update.

It sounds like you'll need to reboot your Mac after the update is finished installing, since that's when the problem happens. If 1Password mini still shows it's in read-only mode the first time you open it, please reboot your Mac again, and this time wait a few extra minutes before checking it. If you give it some more time, does mini still show read-only when you first open it?

• tobsenmilch
    tobsenmilch
    Community Member

Hi Drew

I tried the steps you mentioned but the issue persists.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tobsenmilch: Are you certainly you don't simply have multiple copies of 1Password installed? A Quick Spotlight search should help. Just drag the extras to the Trash and reboot. But if you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Post the Support ID you receive here. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• tobsenmilch
    tobsenmilch
    Community Member

@brenty I ensured I removed any existing 1Password apps before installing the Mac App Store version.

I've submitted a diagnostics report: Support ID [#FRT-51289-191]

• Hi @tobsenmilch ,

Thanks for sending the report in. I'll do some investigations and reply to your email there.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Hi @tobsenmilch ,

Thanks for sending in the report. This issue should be fixed in the next update. Note, you will need to run the main app at least once after each App Store version update, but not each time 1Password mini starts after that.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.