Opera not recognized [resolved: moved Opera to system /Applications folder]

Options
edbro
edbro
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I downloaded Opera today on my Mac and installed the 1Password extension. No matter what I've tried, it always says "Browser could not be verified".
I have rebooted the computer as suggested. I have tried the stable 1PW extension as well as the beta (Version 4.6.4.3).

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @edbro,

I can think of a couple of possibilities that would result in that message.

1. Opera is not installed in your /Applications/ folder. It has to exist there for 1Password to be able to perform its checks.
    2. You have a proxy or software that behaves like a proxy running on your Mac. For example ad-blockers GlimmerBlocker & Freedom and Web debugging tools such as Fiddler all work with proxy behaviour. If the message gets routed through a third piece of software we can't verify the browser code signature. If this is the case our page, How to configure your firewall, proxy, or other network software for 1Password should help.

It may turn out to be something more difficult but those are worth checking before we look at having you create a diagnostic report :smile:

• edbro
    edbro
    Community Member
    Options

Solved. Thank you. I had installed Opera for current user only. I moved it to the main Applications folder and 1PW works fine now.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @edbro,

Excellent! :smile: Let us know if you run into any other issues but hopefully it will be smooth sailing now.

This discussion has been closed.