Autofill not working correctly on shpock.com

Options

Hi,
the browser extension fails to correctly autofill the username and password on the login page from shpock.com (https://www.shpock.com/my/signup/). Instead of putting them in the Login fields, the username and password get put in the Register fields.

I even tried to put the username and password manually in the correct fields and save it as a new Login with the 1P Browser extension, but it's still not working.

Thanks for your help,
Robert

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4,6,3
OS Version: macOS 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @Robs,

I don't have any good news for you I'm afraid. I've looked at their page and it will require the filing of a bug report and we will have to think of a way to work around certain design decisions they've made and whether any such changes may have an impact in general filling. Unfortunately Shpock have left nothing on the returning user fields to help identify them such as name or id attributes. All we have are very, very generic placeholders that use text that match other fields. Combined with the dual login/registration page it makes it a lot more difficult than it has to be.

Sadly for the moment I can't see a way around this beyond copy and paste. I don't like having this being the only available method but there is currently just nothing to help 1Password identify the right fields.

ref: BRAIN-358

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thanks for your answer.

I also try to contact the support of shpock.com and tell them about their bad design decisions.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Robs,

Apologies I couldn't have offered something more positive to have gotten 1Password working with the site right now. I would be curious to learn if you hear back from them regarding your report.

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I wrote them and you'll hear from me if I'll get an answere.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

I've just got an answere from Shpock, which says that they're noted it and that they'll think about it.

So, sadly just a typical response. Hopefully they'll actually change something.

Best greetings,
    Robert

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for getting back to us @Robs and for taking the time to write to Shpock, hopefully they'll fix it up for all their users.

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.