RBCwmconnect.com Auto-save [Fixed by doing a manual-save]

rbcwmconnect.com sign in page does not allow auto detection
I just downloaded 1password and started trying it out. The first site I went to was rbcwmconnect.com and when I signed in, 1password did NOT pop up to ask if I wanted to save. This is definitely one of the sites that I use that I wanted 1password for. At first I thought it was a problem with the installation but it did work for another site and for this forum. Now I am concerned that it won't work for some of the sites that have sensitive information where I wanted to create and store strong passwords - the other is HSBC and they have a keyboard on the screen that requires me to key in a second password. If these don't work, the product is less than useful.

Any ideas?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2011
    HI Steve, welcome to the forums!

While we strive to have auto-save working on all sites, there are trillions of them to consider and many of them don’t follow the same standard. In the case of RBC, it looks like it has a frame on the side where it loads the login form. I was able to get 1Password to work with it by doing a manual save instead in Safari 5.1. Are you using Safari 5.1?

If yes, please visit the RBC site, type in your details but don’t press the Sign-In button just yet. Instead, press the 1Password button and then press the “+” button on top right to do a manual save and press save after you’re done with adjusting it if you need to. Here’s what it look for like for me:
    JSE_RBC-20110803-181911.png

If you do not see the “+” button, you may be running an old extension. Please update the extension with this guide.

I hope that helps, please let me know.
  • Thanks, that filled in a sign on page and all I had to do was click on the sign in button - good one!

I now have a different issue with my bank HSBC

This one requires my ID then I have to hit the continue button. Then a page appears where I put in my password then my "security key" using an on screen keyboard before hitting the submit button

Any thoughts???
  • Steve H. wrote:

Thanks, that filled in a sign on page and all I had to do was click on the sign in button - good one!

I now have a different issue with my bank HSBC

This one requires my ID then I have to hit the continue button. Then a page appears where I put in my password then my "security key" using an on screen keyboard before hitting the submit button

Any thoughts???
    Hi Steve,

I have a valid HSBC account and I was able to log in using the same process for RBC. First, enter your details on Page 1 (don’t submit yet), tell 1Password to save it as HSBC [Page 1], log in and then enter your details manually with the security keyboard. Use the 1Password again to save this manually as HSBC [Page 2]. After that log in.

The next time you fill in, on the second page, you’ll get a prompt from HSBC saying you have to use the virtual keyboard. Press OK to remove the prompt, you’ll see that 1Password still fill in both fields correctly and it should auto-submit correctly.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • Yes - that worked!

No wonder you are "The Agile Samurai"

Now I can generate stronger passwords for these sites.

Thanks again!!!
  • Steve H. wrote:

Yes - that worked!

No wonder you are "The Agile Samurai"

Now I can generate stronger passwords for these sites.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the update Steve! HSBC's virtual keyboard was a pain in the rear before 1Password. ;)

This discussion has been closed.