Login for two Credit Cards

Options

I have been working on putting two (2) credit cards into my Login Category using the password generator - these two credits cards are from the same bank with two different user names and passwords. As I use the Password Generator, it won't allow me to have two separate logins for the two credit cards, even with two different usernames.

I put the first entry credit card login in with no problem - I have the first credit card login in 1Password.

When I bring in the second entry credit card - a problem occurs. It won't put the second entry into the login folder so that I have two separate logins for the same credit card company for two different credit cards. When I go back and click on the first credit card login, goes what happens, its now the second credit card login.

For further clarification - Assume the first credit card is Harry - no problem - I create a password generated entry. Cool it works.
Assume the second credit card is Nancy. When I go to the web site - put in a new username for Nancy and create a password generated entry it doesn't put Nancy's login icon in 1Password. When I do back and click on Harry's login icon, it brings up Nancy's credit card statement.

I have tried reversing the process and all it does is switch the credit card login to the other card. So I can't seem to enter two different credit cards for two different people with two different usernames in the login.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hey again @pizellie,

Glad to see you're starting to create Logins as you start to use 1Password and using the Strong Password Generator. :chuffed: Hopefully we can help get this working as intended for you.

It sounds like the details of a single Login item is being replaced when you try to create a second Login item. Before I try and suggest a solution, I would like to understand the particulars of the situation a little bit better so I don't make any silly assumptions:

• Normally to create a Login item, you would go to the log in web page for a particular web site, enter the username and password there and then when you click "Login". 1Password would then prompt you to "Save Login". Is this the approach you're taking?

• If that is correct, then when you enter the second username and password into the web page and click "Login" are you also seeing a prompt that says "Save Login" or does it say "Update Login"? See below for a screenshot of what I mean:

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: ITH-66551-918

• pizellie
    pizellie
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Again Matthew ... needless to say, i have created a mess, in that as I have been trying solve my problem, I have to create a new password since my credit card account passwords are not recognized, so I have to first create a password that sill allow me to enter username and password.

Again ... I have no problem creating the first credit card entry. I still have not been successful with the second entry. It keeps replacing the first one with the second credit card.

Since I am new to 1Password, I am unable to fully explain what I have done.

I would like to ask you to really suggest a solution. Can you do that.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hey @pizellie,

I have found your email to us in our support system - let's continue our discussion there :chuffed:

Matthew

ref: ITH-66551-918

This discussion has been closed.