Autofill Non-Sensitive Data

Options

Hey guys,

I've recently switched over from LastPass, switch has been a great decision BTW since Tavis Ormandy has been pointing out so many breaches via Twitter. Anyways, things are going great and I'm really glad I subscribed.

However, the only thing I cannot get to work is to fill non-sensitive data from my 'Identity'. The only field that it will fill is my email. My name(First/Last), Address, Phone, etc will never fill regardless of browser or OS or website, so the results are constant. I've tried adding and removing my name in the actual MacOS app and re-adding it as a test to see if it'll work. No luck there either.

Any other suggestions that might help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @SleepyOwl,

Welcome, welcome and welcome! Glad you've decided to give 1Password a go. :chuffed: I'd very happy to help with getting the Identity item to fill.

The first question I'd have is how did you create the item? Was it from within the main macOS 1Password app or by editing the Identity item that came with the Starter pack?

Secondly, I'd be interested to know which websites you have tried so I can give them a go myself. If I find there's an issue with them then at least I'll be able to file a bug so we can get to fixing 1Password. However if I can fill then hopefully I'll be able to get it to work for you too.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• SleepyOwl
    SleepyOwl
    Community Member
    Options

Matthew,

I used the original 'Identity' that was created when my data was imported from LastPass. I didn't create entire new Identity from scratch, just editing one of the fields in that Identity.

I can't think of a site off the top of my head but one that I just tried for testing was http://www.rewardsurvey.com and it does the exact same thing. I'll try creating one from scratch within macOS app and see if that does anything.

• SleepyOwl
    SleepyOwl
    Community Member
    Options

@matthew_ag

Well, that seemed to have did it.

Whatever was imported from LastPass (even with the correct form fields) did not want to fill for some reason. Creating an Identity from scratch made the fields fill correctly.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey - that's great to hear :chuffed: Sorry the imported Identity item didn't work correctly however I'm glad you were able to get it working once you created it from scratch.

Thanks for letting me know and if you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.