I have an iOS (10.0.0) backup file 1Password, Want to transfer it to Android (Nougat 7.0)

Options
pramodkirtey
pramodkirtey
Community Member

Recently my iphone5 got crashed, meaning its not taking latest version update for its iOS 10.1. But now I want to Buy OnePlus 3T I guess with (Naugat 7.0) version of its OS. Is there a way I can add my back-up file directly to the current Android version of OnePassword?

1Password Version: No Idea
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.0.0
Sync Type: Back-up File
Referrer: forum-search:I have a iOS (10.0.0)backup of OnePassword wants to transfer it to My new OnePlus 3T (Nougat 7.1)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pramodkirtey

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

What is the file name of the backup file that you have? Where is it located?

Please let us know. Thanks

Ben

• pramodkirtey
    pramodkirtey
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm not sure of the name of the back-up file but i have my entire back stored at
    [C:\Users\Pramod\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup]

And the app file name is 1Password 6.5.3.ipa

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @pramodkirtey. That file is not a backup of your 1Password data. That is a backup of the iOS app itself, but no data. It won't do you any good on Android.

If you'd like to get your data from iOS to Android I'd recommend checking out this guide:

Sync your 1Password data

Additionally it wouldn't hurt to make a proper backup (but unfortunately these backups can only be restored on iOS, not Android):

1Password backups

Ben

• pramodkirtey
    pramodkirtey
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your prompt response Ben - So where do I find my back-up file and what should be the name of it.?

• Ben
    Options

@pramodkirtey The links I posted above will help you with that. Unless you've created a backup file you don't have one. They are created manually. But again the links I posted in my above message will help you create one. But in order to get your data from iOS to Android you'll need to set up syncing -- not a backup.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.