Where do I find the secret code on my Mac?

Options
Christy_Wayne
Christy_Wayne
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

I'm trying to set up 1Password on a new iPad. I have an older version without an account key so am using the WLAN Server option. To do so I must have a secret code shown on my Mac. Where/how do I find that? I have found it. Please disregard this post.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:where do I find the secret code?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's good news, I'm glad you figured it out! Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. Cheers! :)

• Scrim
    Scrim
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1 Password in 2015 and use it all the time on my iMac, iPad Pro and iPhone 7 plus, all with the latest systems. Recently I noticed that all my entries on the 2 iOS devices were duplicated so after a quick search on Google I deleted the 1 password app from my iPad and reinstalled it. Now iit is asking for sign in address, and secret code and I do not have those. I have checked on my iMac and when I go to Preferences, accounts, no account shows up. I can sign in OK using my password ad use the app OK on both iMac and iPhone. Grateful if you would let me know how to get the app operating again on my iPad.

• Jacob
    Options

@Scrim Sorry for the confusion. Your purchase didn't include an account, so you don't have a sign-in address or Secret Key. To get 1Password set up again on your iPad, sync your data with iCloud or Dropbox:

Sync your 1Password data

You can also migrate your data to a 1Password account and use that to sync your devices in the future. Then you'll have a sign-in address and Secret Key as well. Hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.