1Password generated password fails at login when using 1Password but can copy and paste successfully

Options

I had 1Password generate a password and then updated the password on the site. Now when I have 1Password autofill and login the site gives a login failure. If I copy the password from 1Password and paste it into the password field on the site I am able to login. Similarly if I manually type that password in I can login successfully.

The error logging in only happens if I have 1Password autofill username and password.

I've had this issue through several updates and believe that my versions are all up to date.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password not accepted

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @dicksoncj,

Can you try creating a new Login item please using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser. Does this new Login item behave better or the same?

• dicksoncj
    dicksoncj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables, Thank you. This one behaves better, though it doesn't finish the login process. That may be some recent changes, though.

I tried the old one and it doesn't finish the login process anymore, either.

What I find now is that I have to find the login dropdown. When I find it my username and password are already filled in. For the old login when I press enter it gives me the incorrect password error that it gave me before. For the new login it logs me in after I press enter.

Any idea why it doesn't complete the login process anymore?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dicksoncj,

It's hard to say at the moment. I assume you're referring to the submit after filling feature. To help pin this down I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it the case that the submit after filling works for most sites but just not this one?
    2. If you edit the new Login item you should see an option titled submit. The default is Submit when enabled, does it say this?
    3. Are you happy to share the URL for the site in question here, in our public support forums? If you are could you tell us please and we'll see if we can reproduce what you're seeing.
  • dicksoncj
    dicksoncj
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,
    Yes. The submit after filling works for really all the sites except this one.
    I checked the Submit option and it is set to "Submit when enabled"
    The URL is
    https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon?redirectjsp=true

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @dicksoncj,

Thank you for supplying the URL. It allowed me to test so I can say with more confidence what is happening. As the site hides the login form when the page is loaded it is interfering with the ability of 1Password to fill and submit. If you were to manually visit the page and click to make the login form visible before using 1Password you will find 1Password will fill and submit. I don't think there is much we're going to be able to do about this I'm afraid as our submit feature works by having the browser believe you've pressed the enter key while focus is on the password field. Until the form is visible though this can't properly happen. Hopefully it isn't too inconvenient.

• dicksoncj
    dicksoncj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @littlebobbytables

One question, though. This site, as well as others, have had the login form not visible for quite a while. In fact when I first noted the original issue the submit occurred even though the login form was not visible. Somehow it made it visible and attempted the login. Now that doesn't happen.

Another site that has the login form not visible is https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/reservation/ That, also, used to fill in and submit but now does not.

I know how to work through that now, but what changed?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dicksoncj,

That I'm not sure of. It may take some digging to first find a combination where it works and then work back through the various changes made. It may be that if it was working it was a nice mistake as what I'm seeing is we try to place focus on the password field afterwards the field isn't in focus, most likely because it is not visible.

This discussion has been closed.