Can´t use 1-Password with Santander Bank

Options

Good morning!

I am trying to use 1-password in this site "https://www.bancosantander.es/es/empresas-advance#", but firstly, 1-password doesn´t detect the web page to propose me a new Login, Besides,I can´t create manually the Login, because it has 3 fields, and I can fill only 2 manually.

¿Could you help me, please?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @Pitzina,

Good job on working towards having all your log-in details moved into 1Password.

I have examined the web page you mentioned and unfortunately it is expected that 1Password won't automatically offer you to save a new Login item for this web page. This is because the code that describes this particular web page doesn't specify that the password field on the form is a real password field.

To explain further, I'm examining the HTML code that describes the web page. HTML provides a standard mechanism that websites should use to specify if a field on a web page is used to accept passwords. The vast majority of websites specify the field in their log-in form where the user enters their password to be a password field - I'm not sure why this web site has chosen not to. Unfortunately 1Password relies on this in order to detect that when you click a button that you were submitting a web form that was indeed a log-in form rather than for example a purchase form. We wouldn't want to accidentally offer you to save a new Login item if you simply wanted to make a purchase. Let me know if any of that made sense or not - I would be happy to explain further.

The good news is that you can create a Login item using the Save Login Manually feature that 1Password provides. Please check out the link to see how to create one that works. I have verified that it is possible to do this for this particular web page.

I hope that saving a new Login item works for you as described in the guide - please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• Pitzina
    Pitzina
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning @matthew_ag ,

I´m sorry, but the manual Save Login doesn´t work in my case. I´m using a Windows 10 and Chrome.

I enter in the web page, write the credentials, and without pushing enter, I try to Save the Login manually using "Save new login" as you explain in the manual, but it donesn´t work.

Could you explain me how can I do it in order to get ir works?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pitzina,

Can you let us know what version of 1Password for Windows you have please. This could be a factor and once we know which you're using we can ensure we give more accurate steps that should hopefully work.

• Pitzina
    Pitzina
    Community Member
    Options

I´m using 1 Password 6.5.401d

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Pitzina,

Thanks letting us know, I have tested with that version you mentioned (which is the latest version of 1Password for Windows 6) and the Save new Login feature doesn't work with this particular website as you found. I'm very sorry about this, as it turns out the Save new Login feature is works in 1Password for Windows 6 if and only if there is a valid password field on the web page. Since there isn't one available on this page it is ignoring the request to save a new Login.

We are working on getting 1Password for Windows to save on these kinds of web pages but it's not there just yet. The good news is that it does work on 1Password for Mac and I have manually created a Login item that you can use. Unfortunately I can't attach the .1pif file here so I have emailed you directly using the same email address you have signed up to this forum with. Please check your email to locate this file. You can import the .1pif file into your 1Password for Windows 6, add your details and then use it.

To do this:

1. Please check your email for the .1pif file.
    2. Open 1Password for Windows and unlock it.
    3. Click the cog icon in the top-right and in the menu that appears, choose "Import".
    4. Click "1Password Interchange Format (1PIF)"
    5. Choose the vault you wish to import into and then select the .pif file you found attached to my email.
    6. You should now be shown the imported Login item - called "Bancosantander"
    7. Click "Edit" in the top-right of 1Password for Windows so you can edit the item and add your own login details.

You should now see the Login item in Edit mode, allowing you to edit it.

8. Scroll down the Login item until you see "Show web form details". (see screenshot below).

9. Once completed, click "Save" in the top-right of the 1Password for Windows app to save your Login.

10. Try it out in the browser!

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: BFY-57325-487

This discussion has been closed.