autofill breaks if attempted before page fully loaded

Autofill on Chrome has been partially broken for me the last couple of days, often failing to work entirely (i.e., selecting the login item doesn't actually fill anything), even if I try repeatedly. Anecdotally, this seems to happen if I try to autofill while the page is still partially loading, but once it's happened the first time, even autofilling once the page is fully loaded doesn't work. The only way I've been able to get autofill to work once this occurs is reloading the page and waiting until it's definitely not loading anymore. Beyond the annoyance of having it not work the first time, reloading is often a non-starter when it's a dynamic form-submitted page, etc.

I've never had this issue before a couple days ago, which may coincide with the last 1P update I applied or possibly a Chrome update (no major OS updates or anything). But ever since then it's been happening extremely frequently and it's quite frustrating.

Any advice?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Zortrium,

I moved your post to the "Saving and Filling in Browsers" section as it seemed more appropriate to discuss it here - I hope you don't mind.

Sorry for the trouble with the 1Password filling not working. When the website it loading does it appear that it is unresponsive to clicks of any kind? It may be that the whole page is simply unresponsive until it is fully loaded in which case 1Password won't be able to fill as it is waiting for a chance to run on the page.

I can take a look at this web page if you can copy a link to it here.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.