Feature: Option to not open website

I want 1Password to open a website (on any platform) is only when I click on a URL. There is never a reason for 1Password to open a website at ANY OTHER TIME. It is INFURIATING when 1Password opens up another tab because I browsed all entries because it failed at URL matching because any number of circumstances (I'm at work where I use a single password for every internal service and they all have different URLs; or when I use an IP address to access something instead of the hostname/domain name; etc).

PLEASE add an option for "Don't ever open a web page unless I actually click on a link."

1Password Version: 6.5.401 (win)
Extension Version: 4.6.4.4 (chrome)
OS Version: macOS, Windows 10
Sync Type: families

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @firelizzard,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and sorry for the frustration. Hopefully I can help.

You mentioned that you have a number of websites that all use the same password - would having a single Login item that matched all those different website solve this issue?

If so, you could try editing one of your Login items so that it contains multiple website fields, one for each of the websites that use that same password. Then no matter which of the websites you're on, you'll be able to use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl \ to fill in the password (assuming the usernames are the same also of course).

I hope that helps - if not, please let me know and I can try and help figure out an alternative solution or understand your suggested change better.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.