Incorrect Icon Shown When Switching Vaults After Launching

Options
claysang
claysang
Community Member

When switching from “All Vaults” to “Personal” vault after launching 1Password for iOS, there is a chance that the icon will remain unchanged—it’s still displaying the “All Vaults” icon. But if you try again, it all works perfectly.

This only happens when switching from “All Vaults” to “Personal”, and it only happens after launching. Force killing 1Password doesn’t help.

1Password Version: 6.5.4 for iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2 (14F5065b)
Sync Type: 1Password Individual

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @claysang,

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. I don't see anything in our issue tracker, and I'm not able to reproduce this on my own devices. Could you please give me a little more detail about how you are getting this to happen? What circumstances does it happen under?

I just tried switching between All Vaults and Personal a number of times and the correct icon was always displayed. I tried it both after launching 1Password fresh (after a force quit) and after switching to another app and back. Always works as expected.

Please let me know.

Ben

• claysang
    claysang
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben.

I think that I’ve missed mentioning something.

In Settings, Vaults, Always Open To.

Set this as Personal vault.

And I think this might help you reproducing this issue.

This issue happens every time when launching 1Password fresh, I guess it might related to the fact that my default vault is “Personal” instead of “All Vaults”.

Hope this helps.

• Ben
    Options

@claysang

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue at all on either my iPhone 6 or my iPhone 7 Plus, but one of my colleagues was able to reproduce it when testing with a standalone ("Primary" not "Personal") vault. Just to confirm: the issue you're seeing is happening with a 1Password.com account based "Personal" vault, not a standalone "Primary" vault, correct?

We'll file a bug so we can keep an eye on this, but without being able to reproduce it reliably unfortunately I can't make any promises.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Ben

ref: OPI-4025

• claysang
    claysang
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

Yes, my account is 1Password Individual, I can use your web version of 1Password at my.1password.com.

I have multiple vaults, and my default vault is “Personal”.

When launching from fresh, switching to “All Vaults” won’t change the icon at the top left corner. What’s more, if you keep toggling “All Vaults” and “Personal”, just these two, after launching from fresh, the icon is always “Personal”.

But once you switch to another vault, then all works perfectly.

This issue happens every time after launching from fresh, the last version doesn’t have this problem.

• Ben
    Options

@claysang,

Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password, logging back into your account?

Ben

• claysang
    claysang
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

Yes I’ve tried.

Doesn’t help.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. I'm still not able to reproduce this on either of my devices. The icon changes as expected for me on every attempt. But we'll keep trying.

Ben

• claysang
    claysang
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

I should make this clear that I’m currently on a beta version of iOS 10.3.2 (14F5065b). I’ll keep paying attention to this issue when there is another version of iOS available.

Thanks anyway.

Have a good day!

• rudy
    Options

@claysang,

Its not related to running 10.3.2 beta, I have 10.3.1 and can trigger the issue, though not with any discernible regularity.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.