Add Account on brand new iPad Mini give invalid login message

Options
lukechilone
lukechilone
Community Member

Brand new iPad Mini, download 1Password from Apple. I have a licensed copy of 1Password on my MacBook - was able to sync that to the iPad Mini via iCloud.

Tried to add my 1Password Account (which I can access from same MacBook, an iPad Pro and an iPhone) and all vaults are viewable.

Tapped Add Existing Account, scanned the QR code from my Emergency Kit (pre-fill worked fine). When I type the Master Password that has never been changed since setup (same one for both accounts) I get an red banner with error message 'Invalid Login Information'.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:add account

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@lukechilone,

That's certainly a strange result. I can't think of a scenario where filling from an emergency kit would result in a failure to login. Did you ever have this account go into recovery mode (which would have changed your Account Key/Secret Key)? What happens if you manually type out the server, key, email address and master password?

Rudy

• lukechilone
    lukechilone
    Community Member
    Options

Rudy - typing everything in letter by letter permitted me to login (kinda like 'clear your cache and restart your browser'). Just for yucks I tried it again from the emergency kit and it failed. Logged back in letter by letter and created a new emergency kit and now that works - just going to leave it at that.

• Ben
    Options

Interesting, for sure. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that you were able to get in, and that generating a new emergency kit resolved the issue.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.